Author Topic: Community  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Sasquatch

Community
« on: November 30, 2012, 03:15:10 pm »
Hey I live in College Station Texas.  I am looking for people in my area simply so I can meet them and possibly get together. I new to this site and new to bow making.  I want to meet people and build friendships.  Any advice? Anybody out there?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Community
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »
Welcome to PA. I'm not sure where College Station is but there are quite a few folks from Texas and probably only a day or two drive from you.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »
There are lots of guys from Texas on here but we're spread out.  I'm sure there is at least one person near you.  Wait and see who replies. :)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:55:07 pm »
You're not too far from Houston, between 3 and 4 hours from me up in Dallas.  There's at least a handful of people down your way.  The two I've met are Gus and Don.  Haven't heard from Gus in a bit.  Might have to make sure all is well in his world.  Anyway, welcome to PA.  If you come up Dallas way let me know and we can make some shavings or break some rock.  Lots of osage laying around my place if you stop by and want to take a chunk home.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »
Thanks so much for yalls responces.  The reason I joined PA is because of the valuable knowledge and the hospitality I have seen from its members. 

George:  I look forward to meeting you one day, and I think its crazy cool that on my first day on this site I have already been offered some osage.  Thats so gracious of you.  I think it would be a great time and I will make plans if i head north.

Pat B : Ive been reading your responces for a while now.  Its really cool to talk with you.  When I am reading a thread I make sure to take time to read your responce. Your bow making wisdom comes through every time.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:26:31 pm »
Not such a big deal my friend.  I make that offer to everybody in the area.  Not too many come by, we're all pretty busy.  Interestingly, most of the people who have come have left as much or more as they take.  There are locust, elm, hhb, hackberry, and who knows what else staves out there waiting for me to have a spare minute.  All from people who I thought I was just passing some yellow wood to. In my experience primitive bowyers are a giving lot.  But, you gotta come visit to get the wood, and drink some coffee or iced tea. :)  No trades required.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline nlester

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »
Hey I live in College Station Texas.  I am looking for people in my area simply so I can meet them and possibly get together. I new to this site and new to bow making.  I want to meet people and build friendships.  Any advice? Anybody out there?

Manziel for Heisman!!!  Welcome to PA!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 12:11:04 am »
Sasquach, we are all here for one reason, to make bows! Like many others here I've been making selfbows for a long time and lots of folks helped me along the way so I'm just passing it on.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 01:52:24 am »
nlester: I agree man Manziel is amazing, and he deserves it.  The fact that hes a freshman makes him better in my mind.

George:  I think the the coffee would suit me just fine. I know what you mean being busy.  I a teacher with a 1.5,3 year old kids the wife is pregnant and im in grad school...... Im not bragging unless its about my wife and kids, there great.  I had the 1.5 year old boy splitting some osage earlier tonight.  Hey do you go to any shoots?  Which ones are your favorite.  Are there any bowmaking get togethers around our area?

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 06:44:37 am »
Be prepared for the yella stuff from george >:D
Gus has his nose to the grind stone but all the Texas boys i have had the pleasure of meeting (here or phone) through trade or talk are all top notch ...you are in good company  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:50:12 am »
Welcome to PA amigo im not to far south of you in victoria tx.  ;D
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 10:26:27 am »
Dang it Sterling, I forgot you were down there too. Sorry about that.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Newindian

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:08 am »
I'm just a new and young bowyer, but we head up to collage station to see the grandparents and my brother every once in a while ( especially on game day)
I like free stuff.