Author Topic: first osage  (Read 5007 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: first osage
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 11:40:11 am »
Chuck:  Looks great; I'll take it!

Seriously, I would have never thought that after 20 years this was your first osage.  Had I known, I would have gifted you some long ago.  I like your design on this one.  Send some dimensions, if you would.  I'd like to duplicate it, if you wouldn't mind.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 11:54:09 am »
Nice one chuck.  With that sweet little number, you need to hop on a your horse and find the nearest buffalo herd!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline RyanY

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 01:01:33 pm »
After looking at the profile pic for a minute the gull wing shape really surprised me!. Great looking bow. Looks like you could narrow those tips quite a bit for some increased speed.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »
What a stick for yourself you made.No weight on those tips for such a short bow....No worries.You know that I'm sure from all of the shorties I've seen you post with such extreme bends.Very nice bend and job.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »
Yeah,I doubt in this case you'd gain much by narrowing the tips. Being a short bow style, you've tillered those tips as a thin, working section of the limb, not a stiff lever, where extra mass is particularly prone to kill speed.

Great bow, I'm always impressed with your stuff.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline loefflerchuck

• www.heartwoodbows.com
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:46 am »
Thanks everybody. The limbs are just over 1.25 wide. Ryoon you may be right. There are other things I could do to make a faster bow too.  You remind me of my road biker friends talking about how they just spent $80 on a bolt to save 3 grams. Most of us don't flight shoot and don't care. I ride a downhill bike.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 12:54:39 am »
I'll remember to save my criticisms in the future. I can tell a lot of people don't take them well.