Author Topic: Keep me in your thoughts  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Dictionary

Re: Keep me in your thoughts
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
18 is a tough age.  You feel all sorts of pressure to DO SOMETHING.  That period of time from 18 - 21 is stressful for so many reasons.   Follow your heart and take it all one day at a time.  You are gonna be fine.  It is strange how time can drag by for an 18 year old man and it speeds past for the 48 year old man.....  Two years or four years may seem like an eternity for you, but I promise it will go by so fast that you will be amazed.   Regardless of your decision to enlist, to enroll in college, to go to work, whatever.....  the thing to keep in mind is that WHERE EVER YOU GO - THERE YOU ARE.   You try to get the most out of each day, each situation and learn all you can.  Find joy in the small things and celebrate the good stuff and don't sweat the bad.  You remain positive and you will be fine.  Hell, anyone that can knuckle down and build such a fine bow with his own two hands can do anything!  Good luck.  I am down here at the University of West Alabama and if you change your mind, you can always enroll here and I will introduce you to a few primitive archers in this locale!   Deer all over the place! ;)

Oddly enough i passed by West Alabama College on my way the other day to Meridian,Mississippi i believe. It is off of 59/20 right?

Im heading down to MEPS on tuesday guys. Wish me luck. If something disqualifies me then i guess its Gods way of telling me i should take another path. Although i sure think this one is gonna be the best for me in the long haul.
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
Yes, we are about a mile off the interstate - Exit 17 off I 20/59.  Good luck to you brother.  I am sure you are going to do fine.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:47 pm »
Sworn in earlier today........i hope military life isnt like MEPS because i loathe the thought of going back there.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:46:38 pm by Dictionary »
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline Adam

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
Congratulations!   Thank you for deciding to be one of the great people to serve and defend our country.