Author Topic: A Gift  (Read 7620 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: A Gift
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »
Really Sweet! Been wantin to try that with larger diameter bamboo... I remember Sal brought a bunch of that to Mojam a few yrs back and I didnt know what it was, lol
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 11:12:52 pm »
I had read the initial post and looked at the pics when Scott first posted it.  Today I was drawn back to study it a bit more closely.  I re-read his description of what he used and how he used it.  Funny, but I couldn't find any reference as to who the Gift was for, or why it was for this lucky sap. 

When I opened the package in the parking lot of the post office today, I was absolutely shocked and amazed.  It is every bit as cool as it looks in the pics.  I was out running some pretty important errands and didn't have time to really spend admiring it, so back into the package until I got home.  Once I had time to really look it over and try it out I realized the strap is waaaaaay too long.  No worries, Scott's simple  solution was to just tie the strap to the top of the quiver body.  I untied it, shortened things up a bit, and retied.  Fits just fine now. 

I'll go out and get a big old hank of wiry prairie grass to wad up in the botton to hold broadheads or field points.  Any arrow riding in this quiver will just naturally be inspired to be a top predator!

Scott, compadre'.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for your generous gift.  I am humbled. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:44 pm »
You, Sir, are very welcome.

Why?? Well cause a birdie told me you needed a quiver!

Scott

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »
Wicked cool, congratulations J dub!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 09:24:00 pm »
Again, my deepest gratitude to Scott for this waaaay cool quiver.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 11:17:36 pm »
JW congratulations on a FINE gift.. You lucky dog

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:12 pm »
You lucky dog

Cipriano

Not bad for a mutt that ain't housebroke!  Woof.