Author Topic: Broken-nose Doe  (Read 5049 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Broken-nose Doe
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 01:53:42 am »
Y'all crack me up. ;D ;D  I'm not sure what that bullet did.  I knew the back leg was broken, but instead of finding the big leg bone smashed like I expected, it was just pulled out of the socket.  There were 2 exit holes on the same side of the deer as the entrance, but there was also a bunch of blood in the off-side front shoulder.  Makes me wonder if the bullet didn't come apart and shrapnel went wherever it wanted?  At least I got her and didn't lose very much meat, even out of that hind quarter.  We ground up everything but the loins which we steaked out.  I'll deliver her to the local food bank tomorrow and then I begin hunting for us. :)  They sure like it when I bring in venison right before Thanksgiving.  Keeps some folks down on their luck from eating hot dogs for Thanksgiving dinner.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 05:05:53 am »
What probably happened George is that she was  sniffing the rear end of another deer in the front ...and that one stoped to quick >:D  ::) good on ya to bring some of the good stuff to the needy ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 03:59:13 pm »
Thats what you get for runnin in the dark. :)
Now is the good old days

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 05:03:16 pm »
True enough.  I did have to stop texting, get up off the bed, pick up the gun and take the shot.  That made it quite a bit trickier.  We rough it in our deer blinds down here. :D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »
True enough.  I did have to stop texting, get up off the bed, pick up the gun and take the shot.  That made it quite a bit trickier.  We rough it in our deer blinds down here. :D

George

lol... True that.. true that :laugh:  I moved up in the world this year too and got me a blind "George" style...

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:19 pm »
How about one of those Craft-Matic Electric Adjustable Beds?  Use the little remote to raise up your head, switch to the other button and raise the foot of the bed to adjust for elevation....BANG!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:54 pm »
That thing looks like Rocky Balboa.....  We would have called that an "Auburn heart shot"  Roll Tide!
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi