Author Topic: How many laminates for 55lb bow n  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Catfish42

How many laminates for 55lb bow n
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:29:14 am »
I am new to all the recurve bows, I am strictly a bow hunter and hunt with my compound. Now I am extremely interested in building myself a recurve, but need some good advice. Need to know, or how to find out the length it needs to be and how many pieces of laminate I need to achieve the desired lb so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Offline bubby

Re: How many laminates for 55lb bow n
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 02:51:16 am »
you dont need any lams to get a 55# recurve bow, you can do it with a stave or a good board, maybe go thru the forum and see what you want, there are all kinds of variables, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

mikekeswick

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:16:32 am »
64 inch to start with. You can make it as complex or as simple as you want. Simple is definately best to begin. To make a good recurve from a stave you need a pretty much perfectly straight stave with no twist etc.

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:15:18 am »
If this is your first bow, i wouldnt recommend a recurve at all.  Make a simple straight stave bow,  this forum is more about primitive than figuring out lam formula's anyway.  :D 
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"