Author Topic: A Pleasant Surprise  (Read 3952 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: A Pleasant Surprise
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »
That is a fine looking bow and a very nice gesture for sure. 
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 11:31:13 pm »
That is awesome. Very well deserved after all the work you did for the swap. Never knew you didn't get a bow, But I'm glad to see someone stepped up. very nice bow indeed.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 12:06:30 am »
You got a nice one there Pat, I like that style bow and looks like Paul did an outstanding job on that one, Congrats to you and I'm sure
you'll enjoy shooting that beauty.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 12:59:30 am »
Rock on!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 07:05:49 am »
Great job Paul on modeling the spirit of folks on this site! Pat, hope to see some harvest pics at some point ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:10 am »
Like I said from the very beginning, these bow trades are not about the bows we receive but the effort we put into the bow we build for our recipient. During the process I found out that the guy that was building a bow for me had some serious family health problems so I told him to not worry about building the bow but take care of his family, the most important think there is. I don't really need another bow so I didn't feel like I was stiffed.  I do cherish every bow I have ever received from anyone, bar none. I didn't feel like I had been left out when I found out I wasn't going to receive bow. I get my energy and enthuiasm from watching all the great bows that are built in these trades and especially watching the newbies push the envelope to make the best bow they can so they feel good about giving it away to someone else. These bow trades are great teaching instruments and every bow trade that I have been a part of have been total successes, the participants make sure of that.
  Nearing the end of this trade when we realized that there were a few folks that weren't recieving a bow I had 6 or 8 different guys PM me to say they would be pleased to build another bow so everyone felt included. These acts of kindness and generosity makes our bow trades worthwhile and help bring our community(family) closer together.
  Thank you again Paul for this great little bow. I could tell it was made just for me or at least you put a lot of thought into the bow you sent me. She's a perfect fit! I'm sure I will get lots of years of service with this bow and I'll enjoy every arrow I put through her.
  It won't be long before we start a new bow trade. Generally we begin in January or February. Now is the time to start thinking about it and getting ourselves ready for the next trade. Line up a few staves, study designs to help you decide what you want to build, not only for your recipient but to help you improve your own bow building. Use the months before the trade starts to hone your bow building skills so you will feel the pride of giving your best effort you can to your recipient. This is what our bow trades are all about!
  I want to also thank everyone that participated in the 2012 PA Bow Trade...even the guys that sherked their duty in the trade. If it weren't for them the generous attitudes of our community would not have shined as brightly as it has.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »
Very nice simple,effective, and handy shooter there.Thanks for sharing.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline country

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »
Very NICE bow......   :P  Well said Pat.. :D

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »
Very nice!  I love seeing this kind of thing.  Awesome! ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 06:19:05 pm »
Awsome :)
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline bcbull

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »
NICE ONE PAT  FINNALY HAULED THESE BULLS AND CAMP DOWN THE MTN BEEN 0-10 EVERY NITE SEASONS OVER HAD A BLAST WISH YA WERE UP THERE WITH US THAT BOW WILL MAKE A NICE ELK STICK FOR NEXT YR GET READY BRO BROCK

Offline Keenan

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »
Pat that could not have been stated any more perfect. It's that kind of attitude that you show that makes people step up to the plate with the right mindset. Great leadership example and makes me glad to be a part of this community