Author Topic: Bow blank help  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Stevejo

Bow blank help
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:14:30 am »
Hi All,
I bought a bow blank about 7 years ago and would like to pick up another but I have absolutely no recollection of who I got it from.

This was an all wood, Tonkin Cane backed hill style laminated blank that I bought.  It was just rough sawn and I did the remaining work to it.

I want to say the guy was in TN or AR?

Any help?

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
Re: Bow blank help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »
Why don't you start making your own bow, from scratch? That's even more rewarding than finishing a nearly completed bow :)
Also, do you insist on the same maker/company? Not saying there's anything wrong with your blank, but there must be numerous other sources out there.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline Stevejo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 09:51:59 am »
Hi Darksoul
Im in a condo right now so making from scratch isnt an option for a year or so.  That will happen, just not in the cards right now
As for the maker of the bow blank, Im entirely open to other builders.  I just really liked the rapport I had with this guy.
I live in Georgia, North of Atlanta.  Anyone on the board here that can lay up a blank?
Thanks guys

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:43:34 am »
 All you need is a hatchet n the great outdoors to make a bow  ;) and I recall Georgia being fairly  warm, and you get warm spells in the winter ;)

Offline Stevejo

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »
A true self bow is in my future, but I enjoy the features of an all wood laminated bow and want to explore it more.
I've finished one, am interested in finishing more.

Offline Jeremy Holden

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:42 pm »
Never tried one but have always looked at Dryad bow blanks.  Good luck!

-Jeremy

Offline boughnut

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:09 pm »
stevejo pm me I live on the edge of marietta and kennesaw area I can def help you out.