Author Topic: HeartAttack. Had me one.  (Read 5506 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: HeartAttack. Had me one.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
Funny how a li'l ol' stent allowing blood to go where it belongs can improve things!  Careful not to overdo things right away though. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 04:20:52 pm »
Yea that is right JW.  It truley is amazing. 

Parnell:  The Circumflex artery on the left side of the heart forks.
              Both forks of my Left Circumflex artery were blocked 100%
              The left fork got the stent the right fork got Roto-Ruttered.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:06 am »
Took me about 6 months to feel almost normal, but it will change your priorities!  Glad your home,thats the best medicine!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 01:22:56 am »

Prayers sent, best of luck on your recovery.  Just listen to the physical
therapist, and you will be surprised at how fast you will recover.  I sure hope you can get off of those blood thinners as soon as you can.  Even aspirin has problems, and you should take vitamin c with it, it you get put on an aspirin regimen after the blood thinners.  Good luck to you.

Wayne

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 09:50:47 am »
Slept for another 9 Hours last night.
Will be going to "rehab" today for the first time.

As we were leaving the hospital the Dr. told me that I could walk as much as I felt like.
So, yesterday, after church, my oldest niece Kara my BNL Larry and I walked about 3/4 of a mile on the road here by the house.

Started working on some arrows.  Have to wear gloves to use a knife.  Have to be careful.  With these blood thinners in my vanes one nick
could lead to a big problem.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:56 pm »
Shoowhee, that feeds the main ventricle.  So glad things weren't worse for you but still praying for a healthy recovery. 

Sounds like your off to a good start, take care David.
1’—>1’

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
Well, Today I go see the Heart Dr.
Got to be there at 10:00AM.
First time I will have seen him since I got out of the Hospital.
Cardeo Rehab has been going very well.

It took several days But...., Just between you and me, ...  I have got used to being off work ;)
But, I hope the Dr. will wright me a "Return to Work Pass"

Will let you guys know what the Dr. said when we get back home this afternoon.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 10:17:46 am »
 Cool,hope you get a good report. Then you will have to go back to the grind. :( ;D :-\  ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 01:28:50 pm »
Well.... After two days of stress tests and Gamma-Ray photos of my heart....  The Dr. has released me with "NO RESTRICTIONS" ;D ;D ;D

My wife actually ask if I could drag a deer out of the woods by myself.  The Dr. said yes... If he can manage to actually shoot one. :o ::)
How does he know that I am a lousy deer hunter?????

So, Monday it is "Back to the Grind" as Pappy said. :(

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »
Thats good news Brother!
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »
glad your doing better, i remember when my grandpa had a heartatack the doc just about had to chain him up to keep him from going back to his farm to get haying done
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »

Glad to hear you are doing well!  Be very thankful it wasn't worse, or that the heart was damaged.  You were very fortunate indeed.  Let your wife shoot the deer, and you drag it out. ;)  Take care, and enjoy work....... ;D

Wayne

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:15 am »
Well.....  Here I am....  Back at work this morning......
Remind me why I wanted to come back to this place. ;D ;D ;D

Stickbender: I agree "Fortunate Indeed"
About 20 years back I took my wife hunting one morning....  It was about 5 degrees.
She about froze.  Has refused to go hunting with me ever since.  Even it is 70 Degrees. :(

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 09:42:12 am »
Glad you are back up and going. Great news. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »

I don't blame her a bit!  If I am not starving, I simply am not in any particular
hurry to get out in that kind of weather.  I did hunt one day in 0 degrees, up here in Montana, one year.  Like I said I did hunt "One" day....  A friend of mine brought his Girlfriend hunting, in Florida one time, and it was about 38-40 degrees, and heavy dew.  So I took the big garbage bag, "I" was going to use , and cut  head, and arm holes in it, and she stayed dry, while my Buddy and I got soaked! She had wet pant legs, and feet, but she never complained once!  I was impressed!  She never went again, but never complained! ;) ;D ;D  Well just think of work, as proof that you are alive, and evaded the cold fingers of death, and revel in it.  Even if it is at work, any day above ground is a good day!  Take care, and tell you wife, if the weather is good, you would appreciate her companionship in the tree stand, and she can even bring a book.  Just no wine, or chocolate.  Tell her she can bring Vanilla wafers though. ;)
     Tell her you will try not disturb her reading till the Buck is in close range, then you will hold her book, with your finger in between the pages she was reading, while she shoots the deer, and then you will give her book back, and go get the deer.
Oh tell her a couple of sandwiches would be nice also......and maybe a beer or two to wash them down after the hunt.  ::)  Glad that you are back in place, and feeling better.  A Friend of mine had a stint put in, and he and his wife were going up some stairs, in a building down town, and he stopped at the top, and turned to her, and said, look, I am not even breathing hard, and i didn't have to stop to catch my breath!  it makes a difference.  Just keep an eye on it, and don't go trying out for the Olympics. ;) ;D

Wayne