Author Topic: Yew, snakeskinned backed, bow for trade.  (Read 2153 times)

Offline steve b.

Yew, snakeskinned backed, bow for trade.
« on: November 03, 2012, 02:18:01 am »
I have a very good looking and performing yew bow with horn tips and diamondback skin made by Ted Fry.  It is 59# @ 27", 65".  I have had it a few years and have probably shot it 1000 times.  It is very fast and light.  I am making my own bows and will not shoot this one much anymore.  It was custom made with choice wood for some guy and he returned it for some reason and I bought it at a discount.  I paid $600 but it went for $750/ish.

I use an EFA quiver with it and used artificial sinew wraps to mark the spots where the quiver attaches.  I discovered today at the photo shoot, to my dismay, that the sinew had stained the skin and belly.  I was going to refinish the belly anyway but I don't think the stain will come out of the skin....?

I show some pics here with potential wraps or quiver that can hide the marks.  If I don't trade it here I plan to refinish it (I can have Ted resign it), wrap the stains, and give the bow away to someone who couldn't normall afford it and would appreciate it.  I would do that anyway but I need so much stuff right now that I can't justify another giveaway without trying  (see, the wife).

The bow is probably, realistically worth about $300 (?).  I would consider any offer.  I need wood arrows/shafts,  feather chopper,  drawknives,  rasps,  knives,  guns,  leather armguard, back or side quiver,   etc. etc.          Let me know what you think about it either way please.

Offline Rickd

Re: Yew, snakeskinned backed, bow for trade.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:20:50 am »
Wish the poundage was lighter

Offline steve b.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:11 am »
Very easy to do.....

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:42:25 pm »
i have an armguard with an osage knife combo and a drawkife that i am willing to part with.if interested,let me know.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline steve b.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:27 pm »
Definately, Seabass.  Can you email me with details?  hunts4deer@hotmail.com.

Thanks, sb

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 10:42:42 pm »
will do.
Middletown,Ohio