Author Topic: Lost a Damn Good Dog Today  (Read 3097 times)

Offline johnston

Re: Lost a Damn Good Dog Today
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:40 am »
Thanks for the good words guys.'Ol Cole was really my wife's dog but we were
tight also. Wife took off 2 days from work to try and get a grip. But it will be a while
before she can open the door and not expect to see that old fool waiting for her.

Offline Chassit

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:52 am »
I feel for you.   A pet's love is truly unconditional and impossible to replace.
Danno from Colorado

A tout le monde
A tout mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir

Offline Kpete

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 11:40:28 pm »
I had to put my Lab down a few years ago.  She was a gamer but arthritus  was just to bad.
My vet sent me a card and I pass the words on to you Lane:  You are one of the brave hearts that love things with a shorter lifespan than yourself.   It is hard to remember the day you get a puppy, but the hard day si coming.
Best tonic I know is another cold nose and wagging tail.
I feel for you.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »
I'm real sorry Lane.  There is nothing like the love a good dog has for you.  I lost one that was truly my best friend about fifteen years ago.  I hung her collar on my gunrack where it still hangs now.  I said I wouldn't put myself through the pain of losing another one, so I didn't have a dog for years.  My wife bought herself a dog, which instantly bonded with me and now LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN.  I have a new little friend (actually 3!) and it is worth risking the pain.    Don't put it off.  Get you another one soon.  We got rescue shelter dogs and I swear nothing loves you like a dog whose life you save.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 10:54:52 am »
Jesus, I hate that. I been there too many times in the past 5 years. I still hate feeding the rest cause there's one less bowl. I guess thats the price we pay for owning animals though. I'm sorry,  :(.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 09:43:12 pm »
We often forget to tell our loved ones daily that we love them.  A lesson we could all do well to learn from out dogs.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.