Author Topic: Chrono  (Read 1634 times)

Offline lostarrow

Chrono
« on: October 26, 2012, 09:55:43 am »
Hey guys, I have a Chronograph on it's way as we speak. Never used one before. Any tips , suggestions ,on set up or use would be great. I've seen a few pics of chronos with an arrow sticking out of the front,..................I'm assuming that is not recommended procedure. I'm not too hung up on trying to compare the numbers to other people's, more just as a tool to make my bows more efficient .

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Chrono
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:08 pm »
Ahhhh yes  the UNMERCIFUL EXTRACTOR OF TRUTH......LOL.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline sharpend60

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:38:42 pm »
You can build a shooting machine pretty easily.
A saw horse, a clamping mechanism and one of those releases used with mech bows.
Im sure you  can figure out how to put it all together.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 01:58:22 pm »
You're gonna be surprised at the difference between a trigger released speed arrow and a finger released speed arrow too.A friend of mine has a homemade saw horse machine release.He adjusts a 100 grain arrow weight difference to equal things.That means he finger release shoots a 100 grain lighter arrow to come up with the same speed a machine shoots the arrow weighing 100 grains heavier.
BowEd
Ed

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:35 pm »
Yeah ,I've seen one of those setups somewhere. Looks like a good way to minimise human error and consequently, perforations and puncture wounds to the front of the machine. I figured for less than $120 it will help weed out fact from fiction. (I'm one of those see it to believe it guys).

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:19:18 pm »
Yea same here.What I forgot to say in my last post is that the difference between release methods adds up tp abot 5 to 6 foot a secod difference.Have fun with it but in the end hitting what your aiming at means more than anything really.Putting it all together at once is all of our goals I'd say.
BowEd
Ed

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »
I hear you Beadman. Just took two bows out last night to shoot in. 60lb. @28" Ash and 45lb@28" hickory . Used the same spined arrows for both. I only draw to about 26" at the most ,the bows are fairly close to center shot(1/2" or so) and the arrows are long 31". Both the bows were shooting exactly where I looked at 25yds. and 30yds. (slightly up hill  on  the 30 yd).I'm happy with the accuracy  of the designs and the ability to use the same arrows in a wide range of weights (surprised ).Now on to the nitty gritty.I am getting more  people wanting to pay for my "hobby" goods ,so I feel I owe it to them and myself to make the best possible product possible. You can tell when a bow shoots fast and hard  but to make that claim unfounded seems like blowing smoke to me.