Author Topic: Warrior Princess  (Read 2871 times)

Offline dmenzies1950

Warrior Princess
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »
Hey Guys,

I delivered a couple of bows to the grandkids when we visited them in Colorado in July. The pictures of my grandson didn't turn out, I will try to rectify that soon, but thought I would show you some of my 7 granddaughter. I made her bow out of a snakey piece of vine maple. It's 20# at 18". and is 58" ntn. The pictures of the bow aren't great, but it's my granddaughter that I'm showing off here anyway! She's already begging her dad to take her hunting with him. I love it! A girl after her grandpas heart!
"His bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel." Genesis 49:24

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: Warrior Princess
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »
Great job, Papaw! She's got great form. I can't wait till my 2 grand baby girls are old enough to shoot!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline dmenzies1950

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:18:51 pm »
Thanks Kenny,
I noticed that I made a slight typo. I don't have 7 granddaughters, she's 7 years old!

Dale :-[
"His bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One, the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel." Genesis 49:24

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:27:35 am »
That's what Grandpa's are for, well done. You have some cute Grandchildren, she'll be sticking deer before you know it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline John D

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 03:07:04 am »
Well done!  She looks like she is really enjoying her bow.  Good work!

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:14 am »
Great kid, well done grandpa.
I love the night time pic, she's shootin' that bow real nice. great line down the arrow and along her right forearm. Proper primitve style with a nice canted bow. That's the way to shoot ;D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline half eye

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:45:19 am »
priceless.....absolutely priceless. Good on ya bud 8)
rich

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 11:05:59 am »
Good on ya Grampa!  I do believe that is a gift that will be treasured for a long long time.  Josh

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:09:03 am »
Good form!  Them grandaughter critters are special,I have 2,oldest is 4,just about time for a bow!  Good deal!  And I like them saftey arrows!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline dmenzies1950

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
Thanks Guys for the kind words. Needless to say she is pretty special to her grandma and papa! Yes Rick those are safety arrows complete with suction cups, they are easier on the side of the house! She doesn't miss often but sometimes she gets distracted.

Dale                                                                                                     

Offline coaster500

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 03:54:13 pm »
Great job Gramps!!!

She has very natural form!!! It's really cool when you she a kid take to it like that :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 04:45:07 pm »
She has good shooting form
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline dmenzies1950

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »
Thanks Bryce,
Her shooting form can be attributed to her good Daddy! He is a traditional shooter himself and is a patient teacher to his two children. My daughter has a good man!         Dale

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 03:29:46 am »
Forgot to mention they have a very talented bow making grandfather :)
Good job bud.

-Pinecone
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:22 am »
Great pictures,thanks for sharing,she looks like seh has some very good form in the last picture of her. :)Kids catch on quick.   
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good