Author Topic: Bamboo Dragon  (Read 1690 times)

Offline vyadha

Bamboo Dragon
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:33:47 pm »
Im sure a lot of you have seen these bows made by James Parker, robustus. I was lucky enough to find a used one that was being sold.
Ive been looking to buy a bow for a few months now. All the bows Ive hunted with were bows I made. My skill as a bowyer is average at best so I decided to buy a nice bow and see what im missing.

I didnt want glass but almost bought one simply due to price. The Dragon was just what I had in mind. I shot it a few time when it arrived today and it is simply excellent. Cant wait to tune up some bamboo arrows for it!

Bow can be seen here

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,10844.0.html?PHPSESSID=v7mlm4253p588jseoe6kkg8s13

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: Bamboo Dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:11:31 am »
Excellent bow!! I tried to purchase one a couple weeks ago on the premises that he'd have to wait until my social security check arrive. Well it didn't work out, he got a better offer but that won't keep me from looking for one.
The Bamboo Dragon has been on my bucket list for a long time. You should enjoy that one for a long long time. And no that wasn't the one I was looking at but would work if I could find one like it. I was looking at a 50#@28 which is right up my alley.
Good find and congratulations.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:17:18 am »
The Bamboo Dragon is an excellent shooting and smooth bow. Jame's Three piece wood bamboo backed and belly take-down is a fine bow also.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline vyadha

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:45 am »
This bow is simply astounding. I need to put it on my scale tomorrow. Its marked 49# @26" so Im guessing low to mid 50s at my 29.5 in draw. It feels like 40# though! So smooth!

I hope you find one Fred. Im already considering learning how to build multilam bows or purchasing one of the U-Finish dragons from Yanceys site.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:04:48 am »
James make a mighty fine bow. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline druid

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »
Beautiful thing. Some info about speed?

Offline vyadha

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:59:03 pm »
I weighed it on the scale to day, 52# at 29.5". It seems really fast though I dont have a chrono. I put about 50 arrows through it today and then I noticed the bow started to vibrate a bit after a few shots. I checked it out and nticed that both tip overlays had broke. Bummer