Author Topic: A new set of hunters  (Read 2324 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
A new set of hunters
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »
So the business ends are primitive thanks to a trade with Scott (Stringman). I'm all out of wild harvested feathers, so the store bought jobs will have to do. Hunting season is right around the corner. ;D So, I figured I would paint them up, just for fun. Hope ya all like them.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: A new set of hunters
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
I've gotten lax in my arrow building. Think I've made so many that I just got tired of doing the same old thing :(

Those look great and should be easy to find. The business end looks superb and I've been looking to try some stone points but just haven't run across a trade for any yet.

I don't mind using commercial feathers and always keep a bunch of full length on hand. The ones you did with the color stand out and I like the way you did the sinew with the black contrast.

I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:33 pm »
Thanks Fred. I get sick of making the same old thing too.  Ya Scott makes some incredible points! I'm hoping to make some meat with one soon.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:58:04 pm »
Dave, send one or two of them home bud.....good huntin
rich

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 08:38:55 pm »
That's the plan Rich, but hasn't happened yet. Ya know how plans have a way of not happening. This is the year though. Finally gonna take something primitive...I hope.

Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »
Good looking stickers! Scott makes some nice points! Good luck with them!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Stringman

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:38 pm »
Just saw this, you did a good job puttng those together, Dave. Hope they work well for ya. My season starts on Monday and I can't hardly stand myself right now. Good hunting, Buddy!

Scott

Offline LimbLover

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
Very cool Dave! I like how you make them 3 at a time. Each arrow seems a bit more important/precious that way. I always feel like I need 6 to a dozen for some reason.