Author Topic: My visit with John Strunk  (Read 5823 times)

Offline Ghost Dog

My visit with John Strunk
« on: September 24, 2007, 12:17:13 pm »
Not too long ago I had the pleasure of having John and Pat Strunk strop by my house on their way back to Oregon. I have a lot of admiration for John's bows, and I have a lot of his bows too :o ! In the one picture where I am kneeling, I am showing John how I have collected the papers that he sends with each bow. It looks like he is blessing me. Too funny.

It was a very nice visit. I showed them around Santa Cruz and we went out for Chinese food. It is pretty great having one of your heroes drop by!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:09:23 pm by Ghost Dog »
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Mickey

Re: My visit with John Strunk
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »
That's cool Bob. Bet it was a great expereince for you and for John too.

BTW you don't look anything like I envisioned.LOL

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 01:39:36 pm »
Hey Mickey, I have seen so many pictures of you that I could pick you out of a crowd!  :)
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Mickey

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:59:57 pm »
You go to the Post Office a lot, don't you?  :D

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
It's more like waaaaaaaaay too much time spent on another trad website and your website.   :) ;) :D

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 07:10:17 pm »
That's great. I'm glad you had a good visit. jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 10:30:10 pm »
John,
Is just too cool.His work,gives me inspiration,and a goal.He ,is in my oppinion,Mr Oregon Archery.I cant think of Oregon,and archery,without thinkin of John.

330bull

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
Here's a pic or two of John in his "shop".  He helped me build a snakey osage bow last spring.  I think the man loves dogs as much as bows, he certainly loved my Maggie!  John is the most patient and talented teacher I have ever met.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 11:45:44 am »
Thanks for your pictures! I haven't been to John's house yet but I will someday soon.