Author Topic: Adding on recurve tips  (Read 2495 times)

Offline zinger

Adding on recurve tips
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:01 pm »
I'm hoping to add on some recurve tips to a RO board bow that I made some time ago. I'm not heat bending them in because the bow is linen backed and that would ruin a good part of the backing. I'm willing to add some length to the bow even though it is already 65" tip to tip. It is a pyramid bow and the tips are 3/4" wide and 1/4"thick. The idea is to make tips and glue them on like siyahs, but I don't want anything near that big. If a particular approach would involve cutting some length off the tips that would be fine too.

Yes I have heard that recurve tips don't really add any preformance to such a long bow, but I feel that they might really help in this case.

Offline PatM

Re: Adding on recurve tips
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:10:08 pm »
I posted a bulletwood recurve a bit further down the page that's a good example of spliced in recurves. There is no reason Siyah's have to be huge and bulky if you want to have that shape instead.
 You can glue a tapered underlay on the belly side to bulk up the splice area(which is a bit thin in your bow) and then wrap the splice with something to reinforce it.