Author Topic: DFW Trade Items  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Bugtussle

DFW Trade Items
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:04:45 pm »
I am moving and do not have room for all my supplies so I am offering them for trade to members in the Dallas-Fort Worth area (I don't want to deal with shipping) and also you look at the items in-person before you offer a trade.  The following are some of the items that I have:

River Cane shafts
Wood Dowels
Moving box full of clear & colored glass
Obsidian slabs
Bois D'arc staves (short & character ridden)
Ash Saplings
Knapping tools
metal for arrow heads and knives
Black bamboo
Shaving horse
Arrow rack
Skin, leather and rawhide pieces (cow, bison, javalina, deer)
Horn, bone, etc.
3X8 Work Bench with accessories
And much more... that I have probably forgot about...

I will consider all offers but a left handed 12 gauge shotgun for my son to duck hunt with would be nice...

If you are interested in any or all the stuff just send me an e-mail and we can make arrangements to meet up.  My e-mail is ... Witts4@gmail.com

“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline Bugtussle

Re: DFW Trade Items
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »
Sorry guys... The shaving horse is now gone...  And the house is on the market so I may have to junk it if nobody wants to work a deal... You don't realize how much stuff you have until you have to get rid if it!   :o
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »
Well the all the knapping stuff, hides, about 2 dozen arrows, backstop, 3d target found a home last night.  Items left include a 3" bois d'arc log I found in the attic, some homemade spine tester, jigs for heat treating, etc... I just keep finding stuff!!  If you are local to the McKinney area you should email me for a time to swing by and see what I got ... BTW... I have a 8'x4 work table with a vice for bow making and smaller one for arrow making with an attached tillering tree....

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 02:03:37 am »
I'm close to you but my issue is time with season fast approaching.  I shot the rest off my osage bow tonight and had to take the handle wrap off and glue in a floppy rest real quick.  Having been building bows for decades I have my shop already full of junk and  my driveway full of osage.  Where are you moving to?  I'd sure hate to go too far from here.  Anyway, wouldn't mind seeing your stuff before you head out if a time can be found.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:25:07 am »
PM me and I will send you some pics.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:33:31 pm »
Diego and I made the epic journey up last week.  Man it's a haul from Stephenville... Well worth the trip.  I ended up with a truck full of goodies and Diego got a pretty awesome PVC bow.  Definately worth the trip.  Jeff thanks so much for all the materials.  We enjoyed meeting you.  Dieog and I didnt get home until nearly midnight on a school night, but it was a fun trip. 

Cipriano  :) :D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »
Capriano it was pleasure meeting you and Diego too.  I am glad you are happy with your stuff.  I still have a lot of odds and ends left ... Black bamboo, box of saw blades and scrap metal, replica 10th century bearded axe that I made, plains indian lance (half finished), turkey feathers, a bois d'arc stave that make a pretty horse bow, cow horn, bifaces, jatoba boards, goose decoys.... And I am just getting started cleaning out the place...heck... You may be able to talk me out of a bow or two :laugh:

If you are local  come and get it!  Well figure out the trade when you get here ;)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:05 pm »
Sorry I haven't gotten up there yet.  Been doing a lot more hunting and lease work lately. 

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 01:55:03 pm »
George

No problem.  I will keep this thread updated as to what items are still available and when the house sells and everything must go... Quite frankly I am amazed at how much stuff I have amassed over the years :o.  For this next stage in my life I am going minimialist ;D

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
I still have some stuff if any one is still interested...

Offline k-hat

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 12:03:42 am »
I'm interested  ;D whatcha got?

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 11:10:10 pm »
A bunch of scrap metal for making arrow heads, a bois d'arc stave, some odds and ends (black bamboo, finishes, etc.) and anything else you see that you want... It's all gotta go  :)

If you really want the stuff, I will give it to you because I would rather give it to a PA Brother than sell it to stranger on eBay ...  :)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 12:38:07 am »
Kevin, if I'm closer than you I'll be happy to pick it up, then you can get the stuff from me when we get together.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:54 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention that I also have a 8'x3 work bench w/2 vices (one making arrows and one for making bows) w/ a tillering tree on the front and homemade spine tester on the top... Unfortunately, that isn't for free ;)

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 11:31:17 pm »
Well the workbench is now gone.  But I have some HM arrowheads/metal for making more, bone for arrowheads, exotic wood scraps for accents, black bamboo and other odds & ends.  I will trade for diet Mountain Dew in the bottles, two liters or one liter.  So if you are local to the north Dallas area and would like this stuff... PM me.

I have a picture of the metal but the iPhone will not let me resize it to post but if you want a picture send a number and I text it to you...