Author Topic: hard fought battle lost  (Read 2648 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
hard fought battle lost
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:49:06 am »
It's bowhunting opener today here in Minnesota, a fellow bowhunter and good friend called me this evening with some bad news.... he was out of state working when he received a call from his wife that there 6 year old daughter who has been battling heart trouble since birth...... :'( .......had passed away. everyone here is in a sea of emotion and not thinking clearly, they are some of the nicest folks who would not ask for anything.... so I need your help with ideas of what I could probably do to help them in the days to come... I'm sorry to bring the party down but I feel helpless sitting here not knowing what to do to help them.... thanks for any suggestions and your prayers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:27:41 am by soy »
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: hard fought battle lost
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:19:15 am »
That's just miserable soybert. I'm very sorry about their loss. Being there for them is the best you can do in my opinion.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:32:15 am »
My wife has advanced bladder cancer. She has been waiting a month for the best surgeon available to to try to save her. Next Tuesday is the big day she has been waiting for, surgery at Vanderbilt Medical Center.

She has been in a great deal of pain and despair since her cancer was discovered 4 months ago. The thing that has brightened her days the most is when a friend drops by, sits with her and just listens.

Might be time for you to drop by and just listen, grief stricken people need to talk and have someone to listen patiently.

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:12:39 am »
I believe that Eric gave the straight skinny with his advice. Be there, physicaly, and listen. I am old enough to be the "last of the Mohicans" (parents, siblings are no more). loosing a child is very hard, as is having a spouse very ill. My prayers are with you......sorry Eric, my wife nearly died a couple of years ago, the range of emotions was about more than I could handle.
rich

Offline lowell

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 12:03:19 pm »
We had some acquantances...not close friends that had a young son seriously injured.  I told her months after I had wanted to call but really did not know what to say and did not want to be a bother by calling.  The mother said just call...it was hearing from friends that got them through the ordael.  I will the next time!!

So as suggested....just call and listen!!

Prayers for your friends Rich and for your wife Erik.
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline jeffhalfrack

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »
  Soy  I don't  know  what  to  say ,,,,,,, but  a  pal  like  you  helps!!   God  bless!!   JeffW

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43:41 pm »
Soy,Always sad to hear about the loss of a child. Just be there for them and help out with what you can-be their friend.

Eric, hopes and prayers are with you and your wife as well!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 05:14:55 pm »
Yup, just go to them, be with them, share their burden.  Whatever you say, do NOT say "It will get better."  When we are grieving, it sounds like someone is telling you that you are going to forget your lost one and that is the very last thing in the world you want to do.  Forgetting the lost is losing them again.

Twenty three years ago a LA police officer had the balls to tell me it would get better.  I'm lucky she didn't press charges for what I did.

This is going to be a long road for them, good thing they have someone like you to walk with them.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »
Thanks guys for the advice.
Eric i wish you well and hope all turns out on Tuesday in a positive manor

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 07:17:56 am »
So sorry for his loss,so sad. Eric I really hate to hear that,I work in Nashville so if you need anything while you are in town just let me know and keep us posted on how she is doing. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:19:39 pm »
Thoughts and prayers are with both families. I lost my younger brother in January and little insignificant things still stir emotions at times.
God bless,
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline Kpete

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »
Knowing what to say is not as important as being there.  I work with this often.  Your presence with them says the most.  Many do not go to visit those who are very sick because they believe they have to say something to make it better.  So the very ill are often isolated from well-intentioned people.   Go and laugh if they want, cry with them if they want,  your care for them will be appreciated.
Eric,  sorry to hear about your wife.  I don't know her, but my mother-in-law had the same malady.  Very difficult.  My wife's mom survived-several surgeries and chemo. 
Prayers are with you both.
Kirk

Offline anasazi

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 12:39:06 am »
Hey sorry to hear about there loss and i hope all is well with your wife Eric. If you want my two cents i will tell you up front those within my " culture " might be a bit different  but we try to network with others in our area and make sure some of the basics are taken care of when some one has a loss or addition in there family or even a illness  some of the simple things are taken care of primarily meals are provided so they don't have to worry about it and the other kids in the house have a warm meal maby the lawn gets mowed or the garbage gets hauled out to the curb so they  can deal with there situation. And i agree be there for them for whatever just my two cents.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 05:39:50 am »
Tha.ks for the continued help, brought over a lasagna today the wife made (hope they make it through that >:D ) just fooling around. The wake wens.and funeral Thursday ...makes you hug your own one more time and thank the powers that be ...

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 11:31:35 am »
Definitely sorry to hear the sad news and I will offer up prayers for your wife Eric.