Author Topic: A little fishing  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Marks

A little fishing
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:24:43 am »
Had a good long weekend. Went fishing Sat and things were slow but any day on the river is better than a day at work. TVA wasn't running any current on the Pickwick side of the TN River. Where we fish you live a die by the current. I finally found some shad schooling in the back of a slough and managed to pull a few bass out. The slough I was in is part of a park attached to the Natchez Trace so there are lots of deer. I had been hearing a dog bark while I was fishing when all of the sudden I heard a fawn bawling. I laid down on the trolling motor but couldn't make it to the bank in time. The 2 dogs had killed the fawn. I bet it wasn't a week old. I put it in the boat so the dogs couldn't have it and planned on dropping it on the other side of the slough but a park ranger pulled into the park so I stopped him and told him what happened and gave him the fawn since it wasn't legal for me to possess it.

On Monday I went down with the family to the same park to swim and we set out jugs to watch while we played. They were running current so my nephew and I went to check out the bridge columns. Lucky for us the largemouth had the shad schooled up on the columns. We caught a few bass. My nephew doesn't fish so it was fun to watch him catch a fish. They weren't monsters but a good time was had by all.

Offline Marks

Re: A little fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:34:26 am »
[

Monster. Me and my buddy doubled up. He got a drum and I caught a pumpkinseed. Haha

G

G

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 12:10:04 pm »
Looks like a good weekend and that's too bad about the Fawn.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »
Did you shoot the dogs and their owners? I would.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:06 pm »
Did you shoot the dogs and their owners? I would.

The dogs can be retrained.....that just leaves the owners.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Marks

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:53 pm »
I was in a public park where guns are strictly prohibited so no. They also wouldn't come within 100 yards of me. They just stood back and barked at me. The park ranger said he had a present for them if he found them. I had a .380 auto pocket pistol but I would have been afraid to use it where I was even if they had let me get near them. Had I been our private land they would be rest peacefully right now.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:53 pm »
If you cap a dog or cat back here in VA it's a year in jail.
Sucks. My neighbors dogs kill fawns and full grown deer
up against the state road fence. Some dogs have even disappeared
in the neighborhood.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.