Author Topic: christmas exchange '12 time to move'em out  (Read 85913 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Re: christmas exchange '12 sign up's closed
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:57 pm »
Those knives lot sweet killr duck... Hope they're headed my way. Awesome job.

Jon

Stringman

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »
Think nothing of it, buddy. If you knew whose name i drew you would realize how intimidated I am by this build. This bow is gonna have to be top shelf for me to feel ok about sending it. In fact I'm not sure I can even pull it off, but like I said I can always send rocks.

Scott

Offline seabass

« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:39 pm »
i with you Scott.i am not tring to be a show off.i got really excited that something was finally working out for me.i don't have alot of money.i saved to get my materials.this is my first trade and i wanted to do it right.i am not tring to out do anyone and i don't care if i get anything in return.someone said that i didn't have to set the bar so high,i wasn't tring to.i didn't know there was a bar.i am very sorry if i offended any one by posting stuff.i sure didn't mean to.i just wanted to do the best i could.i love everyone on here and don't want anyone to have ill feelings towards me.it is not a contest,it is a simple trade.no one should feel bad about how much money or skill they have.send something from the heart and there won't be one person on this site that will be disappointed.we are all good people here.love you all,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline sleek

« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2012, 10:56:47 pm »
Relax seabass, they were just ribbing ya, tellin you you did a heck of a job.... now if only I can get my craftsmanship on par with yours...  :D ;)
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline seabass

« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2012, 11:03:26 pm »
thanks Sleek.i don't want anyone mad at me.i am just tring to do a good job.i got excited.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »
seabass,
I for one think that you are doing a fantastic job and i don't think anyone else meant to infer otherwise. I'm just hoping you got me!!!
I'm involved in my first trade also and am going to do my damndest to put forth the best effort afforded me from all of my past talents.
You don't have to apologize to anybody.
Finding information on my go to guy hasn't been the easiest but I have a few faint clues. If what I do is wrong then he can trade the goods to someone else. No Biggie!!!
It's a Christmas exchange and Christmas is for kids. And let's face it, we're just a bunch of grown up kids.
Your guy is going to be one happy camper and I hope mine is too.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2012, 01:56:52 am »
Stringman, I looked back at the list of participants.  There are some pretty awesome bowyers in this trade.  Some would initimate me, also.  BUT, I've had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of these guys and know they'd be happy knowing the gift was from the heart and they know the struggles a piece a wood can give you.  The others, I feel are friends I haven't met in person, YET.  So don't sweat it.

Heck, any of us here would be tickle to get the bow as it right now.  It looks awesome.

I"m tied up with personal commitment (i.e. building a haunted forest) for another 10 days then I'm to work on this exchange.  I'll be attempting something I've never made before, but has been on my mind for a couple years.  It should be interesting.  I'll post picture of my progress.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline bubby

« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2012, 02:02:07 am »
I'll be attempting something I've never made before, but has been on my mind for a couple years.  It should be interesting.  I'll post picture of my progress.
really got me interested now hedgeapple, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2012, 02:21:10 am »
 :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2012, 07:56:40 am »
Hey Stringman, I'd take that box of rocks if you choose, because I've seen youre work with stone! ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Stringman

« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2012, 11:57:49 am »
I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens, just like everyone else.  :o

Scott

Stringman

« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2012, 03:02:27 pm »
A little more heat work this morning then glued on a bit of mesquite to build up the handle. There is a bit more than a 1/4" difference between the glue line and the belly of the bow, so hopefully I won't have any issues with it popping back off.

Narrowed up the last 10" on the tips to remove excess weight. Now I'll give it a day or so to cure/stabilize before checking final tiller and shooting it in. If all goes well I will work on tips and skins this weekend (fingers crossed!)

Scott

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2012, 04:16:40 pm »
looks like its comming along nicely string man. Mines still in the development stages. Im still roughing it out.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Stringman

« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2012, 04:32:45 pm »
Nah, you got plenty 'o time.

Scott

Offline coaster500

« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
That mesquite is going to be a nice touch!!!

My first Christmas candidate for the exchange is done ...  on to plan B :)

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,35426.0.html
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)