Author Topic: christmas exchange '12 time to move'em out  (Read 86970 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: christmas exchange '12 sign up's closed
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
and one of the trade points on  the arrows . the arrows have self nocks and wild turkey feathers. bow is osage finished in paraffin

Offline wildcat hunter

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:58 pm »
 A good way to "spy" on your name is look up his posts. They will tell you what he's done, intrested in, etc! :laugh:

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2012, 10:51:26 pm »
wow your quick hope that's headed to RI ;)
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2012, 11:47:26 pm »
holy crap! I like that a lot.

Jon

Offline country

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 11:49:35 pm »
Very Very Nice Bow and Arrows HB !!!  :P

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2012, 12:02:45 am »
Some lucky  :-X is going to have a nice surprise and a Very Merry Christmas. Nice job on the gift. That's awesome!!!!
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2012, 01:05:48 am »
so hunterbob, mind giving some specs on that bow ;D    ?
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2012, 01:15:55 am »
thanks. the osage bow has some snake to it she is 67" 66" ntn . leather handle 1" handle 1 1/4 at the fades and holding that to about mid limb and the last six to eight inches narrows down to about 1/2 inch and sports deer antler nocks. made this one all by feel no tiller tree so I never did check the weight but feels like she is pulling 60#@28"

Offline sleek

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:12 am »
Well, I reckon I should make it easy for the poor fellow who drew my name. I dont post much here, though I probably should post more. I Am right handed with a fairly short draw of 25 inches and dont like to draw anything over 55 lbs. I dont have a preference on arrow length, long or short is fine with me. I am a size 10.5 shoe. I like the natural color of wood for any project over any paint. My favorite colors are red and blue, mostly dark blue. My clothes size is x large ( ouch that hurt to type ) I like short skinning knives and 7 inch chopping knives for making bows and choppin through bone and cartridge. I love hunting and fishing. I love long walks on the beach, warm puppies, sunsets, and really have an appreciation for the arts, especially the nude ones :)  ( honestly, I do portraits, not talkin the glossy paged periodicals here ). I am on paleoplanet the most under the same handle. I will be happy to receive anything so please, whomever, dont loose any sleep over me ;)

Now I am off to go stalk my person.... who has so many posts, idk where to look first....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Adam

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2012, 09:17:06 am »
I'm starting work on my gift later today.  This is really fun.  If we're posting any progress pictures or build alongs, should we do it here, start a new thread or does it not matter?  I wanted to check before I cluttered an area up.  Thanks!

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2012, 10:08:08 pm »
I'm amazed that you guys have started already. When did you find the time, or have you had this planned in the back of your mind for some time?

I can't find enough info on my guy to even have a clue where to begin. Sure wished I knew all the other sited he has visited and handle that he used over there.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »
Now I am off to go stalk my person.... who has so many posts, idk where to look first....

I'm much like you, Sleek.  I love long walks on the beach, warm puppies, sunsets, and poking dead things with a stick.  Whatever you decide is just fine with me.   >:D

When I looked at HunterBob's post of his contribution I thought, "WOW!  NICE STOVE!  Shipping is gonna kill him!"
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2012, 11:12:49 pm »
 :)And I was thinking when I saw HunterBobs post, Oh sheet!!! maybe he got me,,,, until I read the 60#@28 ???  :(  :'( :'( :'(

Offline NruJaC

• Personal Blog
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »
Figure people are already posting in progress pics on here, so I'll join in.

Ignore the messy apartment floor  ::)

It's a maple backed maple bow, all glued up. Tillering starts tomorrow evening!

She's gonna be a bendy handle r/d, and I'm shooting for a relatively high draw weight at a relatively high draw length for my intended recipient. Well, high for me anyway. Some of the rest of you probably wouldn't mind. This one should be a challenge, but these always turn into sweet and accurate shooters, and wicked fast  >:D.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:27:44 pm by NruJaC »
Arjun from Reston, VA

Offline Fred Arnold

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2012, 11:45:45 pm »
JW, that's funny, I don't care who you are. I had to go back and look at the stove!!
That's a lot cleaner than my getup. If you get one from my kitchen you might want to disinfect it before sticking it up close to your nose to see how sweet it smells.