Author Topic: Shakespear Necedah model X26  (Read 1991 times)

Offline sonny

Shakespear Necedah model X26
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »
L83085M is written on it as well as 40+.
I'd imagine that means that it's 40# @ 28".

I attended an Arts and Crafts show with a couple of my buddies today where we show our bows,
a couple of folks did some knapping, that sorta stuff. Well I'm gettin' ready to leave when one of my
buddies walks up to my truck with this bow, tells me that someone gave it to him as they would have
otherwise just thrown it away. He said that he would find someone to give it to and when I discovered the
draw weight I told him that if he didn't find someone that I'd like to have it for my daughter.
So he proceeds to shove it in the window of my truck, told me that it's mine! hell yeah! I've been looking for
a bow for her for a few months now.
It's not the prettiest of bows, desperately needs some TLC. Just need to gather
up some arrows for her and I have a quiver that I'll give her.

anyhow, what can y'all tell me about that bow based on the information that I've provided ??

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
Re: Shakespear Necedah model X26
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:27:38 am »
40+ means 41# i believe
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Shakespear Necedah model X26
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:53:27 am »
Sonny, 40+ means it is over 40# but not 45. The actual weight is usually written under the handle wrap.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?