Author Topic: horse bow for youth  (Read 1424 times)

gutpile

horse bow for youth
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »
I have a lady who is looking for a horse bow for her daughter...I assume a short wooden bow not a composite..I have a 52 inch sinew backed osage bow but it is gonna be too heavy and probably too long too.....she is looking for one around 35lb...for a 13 year old girl 5'5"...can anyone point me a direction since I have never built a short horse bow or willing to contribute...I can give you contact info if you are willing...thanks guys..

Offline Dauntless

Re: horse bow for youth
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »
Might 35lbs be too much for a young girl on horseback?
The starving grad student with too many hobbies.

gutpile

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:45 pm »
I was thinking the same thing but is what her grandmother was asking for...will check in to that for sure...I assume she will short draw the bow and snap shoot it.. I have not built a horsebow before...gut

Offline Scowler

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:04:48 pm »
You might first want to find out exactly what kind of horsebow the girl wants, native american (plains horsebow) or eurasian (Hun, Mongol, Turk, etc...).  Both types are horsebows but are quite a bit different.

gutpile

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:19:28 pm »
Native American is what the gran mother stated..seems she has creek heritage..

Offline sound maker

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:03:29 am »
oo please post a build along or just the progress please. It's always nice to have a build along and can point out the way for us who want to make one but haven't gotten the time to. (me for one)
I am not the best but learn from the wise and you'll end up being called he best!
 What one person calls common sense another calls wisdom.