Author Topic: Early hunting Mosquitos  (Read 4039 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Early hunting Mosquitos
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 11:07:23 am »
You're either going to breath it or soak it in through your skin ??? I'll take the permithiam over the Deet. I've been working in Chemical plants and HazMat sites for forty years, anyway. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 11:25:39 am »
No big deal, My third eye is coming in fine.  Waiting for the second nose to sprout right now.

Offline johnston

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 02:36:42 am »
I am typing slow so read it the same.....

THERMACELL.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 05:36:31 am »
     Therma cell!  The deer don't mind it all.  Only slight odor.  Do not use it in an
enclosed area.  It WORKS!  As for the cedar, and pine oils, let us know they work.
Cedar oil, is a great flea repellent for pets. Caution, using that pine, and cedar oil, just might get you hugged, by a tree hugging  environmenta-lost ! ;) ;D ;D

Wayne
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:59:12 am by stickbender »

Offline anasazi

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 01:09:52 am »
I have herd cloves work just string them like beads throw one on your neck maby one on each wrist never tried it skeeters never liked me much to begin with i guess im not as sweet as the rest of you

Offline iowabow

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 07:05:54 am »
I carry two Thermocells down here. We hunt with mosquitos year round.

If nobody has seen them yet, Thermocell came out with a boot warmer insert that has a wireless remote you keep in your pocket for te ;)mperature control. A little pricey at $130 but would be real nice waiting on that buck to get closer than 50 yards with your toes stinging.
Hehe lol  :D :D :D :D :D I hunt in Iowa never needed a foot warmer when the temps are in the single digits. Going to have to invite you to a Dec hunt in the future.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 04:29:52 pm »
I carry two Thermocells down here. We hunt with mosquitos year round.

If nobody has seen them yet, Thermocell came out with a boot warmer insert that has a wireless remote you keep in your pocket for te ;)mperature control. A little pricey at $130 but would be real nice waiting on that buck to get closer than 50 yards with your toes stinging.
Hehe lol  :D :D :D :D :D I hunt in Iowa never needed a foot warmer when the temps are in the single digits. Going to have to invite you to a Dec hunt in the future.

I'm game. Not as cold as working in Alberta and Manitoba at minus 58. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline agd68

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 08:39:07 am »
Citronela oil works well and smells like lemons. Learned a tip from the mother in law. Put a bounce fabric softener sheet in yor collar and sleeve cuffs. Works pretty good, but it's no Thermo cell. Those little OFF belt fan jobies work well too.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh