Author Topic: Weekend with Mullet and Parnell, Cypress bow built  (Read 8965 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Weekend with Mullet and Parnell, Cypress bow built
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »
Alright, here are some of the photos.  Meeting up at first, the osage bow I worked on - came in underweight because I screwed up when coming to ground tiller.  Haven't done that in awhile.  No problem though, the bow will be sinew backed.  Gotta thank Eddie for helping with the recurve.  Really liked the cup burner - what do you call it again?  Very cool.  Money shots and I've got two videos of the bow shooting that I'll get on the tube and post links to shortly.
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 12:48:33 pm »
Couple more...
1’—>1’

Offline Parnell

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 02:01:48 pm »
Here is one.  The other is for some reason giving me a problem.  I'll work on it.

http://youtu.be/fx8mxLG8bnc

1’—>1’

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »

Dang that is nice! 8)  Well as for a name,..... "Seminole Wind" of course.  Or "Seminole Fling"..... ;)  Looks like despite the weather, and Eddie's "Sunday go to meeting shirt",   :o  you guys did an excellent job!  I guess that Eddie must have told Kathi that your wife was coming, and she made him put it on. ::) ;D
Great looking bow, and seems like it flings the arrows out there!  You couldn't have picked a better place to build your bow, and with Eddie, and Steve, how could you go wrong?  Now all you got to do is go stick a hog with it! ;)  Oh have Eddie, and Kathi talked to you about the Tennessee Classic?  Of course they did, you weren't getting out of there without being told about the Classic.  That is an event I would like to go to sometime, when my finances get better.
Congratulation on a fine bow.  Cypress......Hmmmm, never would have thought of it. ???
                                                           Wayne

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:49 pm »
Hey wayne, Ya, As soon as the Tn classic was mentioned, I jumped in and was all over that subject. I love all gatherings for one and two I grew up and all my family live in Sweetwater and Madisonville Tn. So I'm there as much as possible hanging with grandkids. So if the lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there.
Your right being able to building my 1st under two great guys supervison and help was great. and I can't thank them both enough for letting me hang out. I hope to pick their brains a plenty, arrows need made and rock needs cracking  ;D
Thanks Eddie & Steve

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 11:54:01 pm »
Hey Amazing Spiderbow!  Didja happen to drop a bug in Mullet's ear about how many incredible Merriam's turkeys we got up here in western South Dakota.  You lived here, you saw'em!

(If this works, Spyder, Mullet, and I will have photos to post of bowmaking and turkey hunting the Black Hills next spring.)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline spyder1958

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:23 am »
Oh I forgot, thanks for the input on a name wayne. I'm liking "Seminole Wind"

Any other suggestions. Whats the best for writing the info into the wood. Sharpie?

Offline spyder1958

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:43 am »
Ya JW, I told him several days ago we should come up. And your right about the Gobblers they seem less skiddish In SD.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 12:33:45 am »
Spyder, I have super fine point Sharpies and some other pens that have a finer point. And I'd like to get that Merriam, just got to work out the time, John.

Wayne, you're too funny.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?