Author Topic: Trade Bow Saga 2012 (pic heavy)  (Read 8844 times)

Offline randman

Re: Trade Bow Saga 2012 (pic heavy)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 04:46:02 am »
Thanks for the comments and encouragement everyone. I finally shipped this baby out last week and Johnston has it and is putting it through it's paces. I'm glad he likes it and I hope it gives him much pleasure and makes some meat for him. I put turkey tail feathers on it for "good medicine" and it has a pig skin grip. I copied the grip and shelf style from the beautiful bow that Keenan sent me. I didn't do as good a job on the lacing as Keenan did so I covered it up with another piece of the pigskin. Now I know why Keenan put the lacing on the side of the grip rather than the center of the back (like I did). Thanks for the great example Keenan. Here are some pics of it with the finish on it. Leather dye stain and Bulls eye shellac finish. I love how the dye bled into the edge of the silk backing material giving it a soft color blend. and the shellac on the material tinted it sort of a green color giving it an organic "skin" look to it. 
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline randman

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 04:47:09 am »
more pics
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 12:25:16 pm »
I would say she looks pretty nice.  Very unique for sure.  Who ever gets it will be happy I am sure.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II