Author Topic: Trade bow,Got my Trade bow,ooooo..ahhhhhh  (Read 2655 times)

Offline johnston

Trade bow,Got my Trade bow,ooooo..ahhhhhh
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:07:57 pm »
Randman had some real difficulties with my trade bow. Illness, some broke on him, but how the hell
he made such a beautiful bow out of that stave he started with is beyond me. Will try to give a link.
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=sendtopic;topic=34356.0

Don't know if that worked but let me say this...the bow is a work of art. Kinda humbling for an ugly stick bender like me.
Pictures will come later but if the link did not work search back a bit for" Trade bow Saga".

Rand, thank you. Not only will I shoot the devil out of this bow but I will learn so much from it. Very damn well worth
waiting for.

Lane

Offline johnston

Re: Trade bow,Got my Trade bow,ooooo..ahhhhhh
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 12:10:50 pm »
Somebody help me out with the link please.
12 hour night shift.
Thanks .

Offline coaster500

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »
Here is the link to Randman thread....  hope this helps

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,34356.msg452729.html#msg452729
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »
I like to think I got more sense than to tackle a stave like that one!  Heck, I couldn't even make a stave like that BURN STRAIGHT in a woodstove, much less make a bow out of it. 

Randman, you blew we away with that bow.  Johnston, glad you got it, nice to see it on good hands.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 09:14:20 pm »
Beautyful bow Randman and congratulatios Lane. You see, good things do come to those who wait.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline johnston

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 09:48:11 pm »
Thank you Coast 'preciate it.

JW  there ain't no way to describe or even photo this bow though I will try
the latter when my camera lady gets back from her grand kid visit tomorrow.
Gotta pick her up at the Charlotte airport. Seems like something is
going on there this week...hmmm..oh yeah the Summer Grand Nationals Drag
races. Hope it ain't too crowded.

Bring me along slow, O Bearded One, and maybe we will get there.

I shot this snakey ass bumpy thing a while ago. Was reluctant because it seemed
too pretty to shoot. BUT..just like a pretty lady, once I started I could not stop(unlike I can with a pretty lady).

Never understood character bows nor why anyone would want to make one.But after a half dozen
arra's you forget the bow and just shoot. Put around a hundred through it and have to say
it'll hang with anything I have or have seen. Real quick. Smooth. And she looks hotter than a
two dollar pistol. Finish work is unreal. Randman I owe you a debt of gratitude my friend.
Thank you.

Lane

Offline John K

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »
Love everything about it !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline coaster500

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »

Never understood character bows nor why anyone would want to make one.But after a half dozen
arra's you forget the bow and just shoot. Put around a hundred through it and have to say
it'll hang with anything I have or have seen. Real quick. Smooth. And she looks hotter than a
two dollar pistol. Finish work is unreal. Randman I owe you a debt of gratitude my friend.
Thank you.

Lane
[/quote]

What more could a guy ask for :)

Congrats Lane !!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline randman

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 05:11:39 am »
Haven't been on lately so I missed this post. You are very welcome Lane and I am so happy you like it. Hope you shoot the hell out of it and it lasts a long time for you. You have been very patient and understanding through the whole thing my being late and all and I thank you for that. Hopefully I won't be blacklisted from the next bow trade (I already have several  going for the next as yet unannounced trade to get the jump on it). I think that the biggest pleasure in this bow trade thing is giving someone a bow you can be proud of having made and giving it to someone who can really appreciate what goes into these things. Giving bows you have made to local kids is real satisfying too but they usually don't know the difference between a good one and a so-so one. I can only make and shoot so many bows for myself so it's nice to have an outlet. I especially enjoy getting a bow that I didn't make for a change ;)
I think I have been cursed with a love for the gnarly, bumpy and knotty character staves that a lot of guys would pass up. Have to get my hands on some snakey Osage to try it out. Maybe it's the love of the challenge and the unusual way they look when finished but someday I will have to make one from a straight unblemished board if only to find out it is just as big a challenge. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:41:54 am »
That turned out sweet,congrats to both. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good