Author Topic: Elwood city, pa  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Josh B

Elwood city, pa
« on: August 26, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »
Anybody close to Elwood city, PA?  It looks like I'll be hanging out there for a day or two.  Monday for sure.  Josh

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: Elwood city, pa
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:22:47 am »
Would love to hang out with ya, but thats a little to far for me. :(
Steve Bennett

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:19:22 am »
Dude....me,me,me,me.... :laugh: fifteen mins from there...straightarrow actually lives there in town. Hope ya see this in time. I get off work at two if ya wanna hang n work on wood or rock ;D

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 10:41:24 am »
Pm sent,and I sent Jon(straightarrow) a text to try n get a lil get together going.  Maybe colton will come over too....?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:21:41 pm »
You drive right through South Dakota and won't even give me a call...but find yourself in the backside of nowhere Pennsylvania and you start trolling for anyone on the internet that will respond to you!

Sheesh, some friend you are!

btw...started a pipe with that walnut burl you sent me!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:51 pm »
Lol!  Guilty as charged!  However, in my defense, I did contact you the next time I went through.  Of course, you were more interested in hanging out with Bevan and enjoying Bybee hospitality than you were inclined to hang out with me.  Although, admittedly, I don't blame you a bit on that decision.  Your probably cussing me for sending you a piece of iron disguised as walnut.  The Burly stuff is purty, but hard on tools.  I look forward  to seeing your pipe when you get it done.  As far as the trolling the net goes, I'm glad I did!  I got to hang out with Straightarrow and Blackhawk for the afternoon.  We made a lot of little rocks out of big rocks, whittled some wood, traded some materials back and forth and I got sneak peeks at some pretty cool bows they are working on.   I must say I enjoyed the visit tremendously!  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:10 pm »
You are right about how tough that burl is!  I dulled two plasma cutters trying to saw off slabs!

I also remembered why I hate working with walnut.  It makes me sneeze for days afterwards.  Maybe I shoulda oughta wore a mask.  On the upside, the walnut burl sawdust colored boogers are pretty!  Might consider making tip overlays outa them!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »
Lol!  Walnut booger overlays!?  :o  That would be um.... unique to say the least! ::)  the good thing about it being so hard is that it will allow for exquisitely fine detail in your carving.

Turtle- its too bad that the load wasn't five days later.  I could of hung out with you and many others at flintridge.  Josh

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »
Good times for sure Josh  ;D too bad we didn't have more time to play...thanks for stoppin on by

Offline Josh B

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:09 am »
Good times for sure Josh  ;D too bad we didn't have more time to play...thanks for stoppin on by

Yes Sir, good times indeed!  It was a bummer that the visit got cut short.  I was just getting ready to get serious on that yew stave.  As far as thank yous go, I am the one to be very grateful.  Its not just anyone that will take time out of their busy life to hang out with a wayward truckdriver.  You and Jon have my eternal thanks for your hospitality.  BTW, I made a little more progress on that stave.  There is still just a hint of that crack left, but I have a lot more wood to remove.  Thanks again and here is some pics.  Josh