Author Topic: I need a favor  (Read 9169 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
I need a favor
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »
  Now I have a favor to ask. The bow Blackhawk is building is going to England. I don't think it would be fair for Chris to have to pay for shipping since he is building the bow. When we find out how much the shipping and shipping container(PVC) is is going to cost I would like to take up a collection to pay for it all. I'm in for part of it myself. Once I find out a total we can work out the details. Until then...thanks to everyone involved in this years bow trade. Collectiverly, this is the best group of folks I know and feel privledged to call them all friend.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: I need a favor
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:41:38 pm »
I'd be happy to chip in a few $$ Pat. Let me know

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:09:01 pm »
Count me in. Hit me with a pm on how much you need from me. Willing to cover the whole cost if necessary.

-Bryce
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »
a few $$ a person would make it easy on everyone, let me know what ya need, i can prolly dig out a few $$, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »
sent you a pm Pat.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »
I can help out
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline coaster500

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »
I'm in....  pm sent
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »
Yep im in  ;)let me know
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »
Check the length restrictions before you finish the bow, you might have to make it a takedown if I remember right.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »
Thanks everyone. When I find out the total cost I'll let you all know.
  I'll look into that Eddie. Thanks for the heads up.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:36 pm »
I say screw 'em, he can pay his own fee's!Tightwad Union rat anyways!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »
The site I went to said max length 60"   Max length and girth 108"  From US to England

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »
Well dang,then I better stop right now...I just whipped a 66" stave to floor tiller so I can heat shape it this week,then finish it off after the holiday weekend when I get back home. So that's no longer than a 60" package? Well that stinks,and bites the big one.

Was that for airfare pat? What about lenghts for shipping by boat? It'll be slower n cheaper,but maybe longer lenghts are allowable?? Looks like I need to do some homework and answers before I continue.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:36:12 pm »
Chris, lets see what others say here that have shipped to England. I posted on the War Bow thread for shipping info also. Try to figure what size shipping tube, length and girth and approx weight, you will need to ship it safely as the bow stands now. I can calculate from the USPS website.

blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:04 pm »
Yeah,I can't stop working this stave anyways cus I'm havin too much fun with it to stop >:D

If we can't get a one piece bow there because of customs rules,then maybe one of the england guys can take the reins.? Seems silly ya can't get a one piece bow across there border. At one time you couldn't bring a ship to port in without having a certain amount of full length bow staves...lol :laugh: