Author Topic: Shipping a bow to England  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Shipping a bow to England
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »
Has anyone shipped a bow from the US to England? If so, approximately what was the cost? Is a PVC tube OK for this. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I use 3", thin wall PVC with end caps all the time here in the US and never had a problem.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

Re: Shipping a bow to England
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:45:43 pm »
thanks for asking and posting this pat  ;)...I'm sure we'll get this all worked out. I know a few of the guys here have shipped there before,but don't remember who. Hopefully they'll chime in.  :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »
I've shipped wood to England and I'm almost positive there is a length restriction. I had to ship the osage as billets. 
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »
It's expensive but can be done with UPS or Fedex, at least up here in Canada.  Last bow I sent there cost just under $200 and it was in a small diameter carpet tube.  There must be length restrictions but I've never reached them even with warbows.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:05 pm »
Priority Mail International — Flat Rate

Flat Rate Envelopes or Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes: The maximum weight is 4 pounds. Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the applicable retail, commercial base, or commercial plus price.

Flat Rate Boxes — Medium and Large: The maximum weight is 20 pounds, or the limit set by the individual country, whichever is less. Refer to Notice 123, Price List, for the retail, commercial base, or commercial plus price.

Insurance (232.92)

NOT Available

Size Limits (231.22)

Maximum length: 60 inches

Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches

Priority should be are $62.