Author Topic: Indirect Percussion on Glass Video - Just Added Two More Vids  (Read 1431 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Indirect Percussion on Glass Video - Just Added Two More Vids
« on: August 20, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllergicHobbit?feature=mhee

The view from the second camera wasn't very good, so I will film another blue glass arrowhead with a good second camera view.

;D

So, here are the next two vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq9fqK3VAoE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Insnqspym0E
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:10:24 am by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Mike_H

Re: Indirect Percussion on Glass Video
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:29 pm »
Very interesting Pat, I can't wait for the other view. :D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:41 pm »
When I first noticed how long the video was, I thought it would be one of those "real time" jobs where most of the time is spent by the videographer adjusting the camera and futzing around off camera until I lost interest.  So when at first the camera was being adjusted I almost tuned out.  Luckily I stuck with it another few seconds....and watched through to the end.  I like how the point just smoothly comes out of the bottle bottom in a matter of minutes.

Very interesting, very crafty.  My resistance to learning knapping is at an all time low.  There is a little devil that looks like BevanR on my left shoulder gigging me with a pitchfork telling me I need another hobby!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:52:47 pm »
Yes, come to the darkside, we  have stone! lol

it's fun.  This video was partial due to my request for it.  As well as the second one because I am having a hard time not hitting my fingers when I attempt his style.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:31:07 am »
When I first noticed how long the video was, I thought it would be one of those "real time" jobs where most of the time is spent by the videographer adjusting the camera and futzing around off camera until I lost interest.  So when at first the camera was being adjusted I almost tuned out.  Luckily I stuck with it another few seconds....and watched through to the end.  I like how the point just smoothly comes out of the bottle bottom in a matter of minutes.

Very interesting, very crafty.  My resistance to learning knapping is at an all time low.  There is a little devil that looks like BevanR on my left shoulder gigging me with a pitchfork telling me I need another hobby!

WHY NOT?
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:05:01 am »
 ;D ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr