Author Topic: Hackberry Bow. Finished pics added.  (Read 6797 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Hackberry Bow. Finished pics added.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:47 am »
Looks great all finished up Slimbob really like that handle wrap. Sounds like you had a good weekend of bow building and it's great that
you turned your friend onto hackberry as a bow wood. Made a few from hackberry myself and also think it is good bow wood. Nice work
on your bow.
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »
look's great slimbob, got me a pc of hackberry, this gives me some motivation to get to work on it, soon as i get the billet's i got from pearlie done, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 06:24:07 pm »
look's great slimbob, got me a pc of hackberry, this gives me some motivation to get to work on it, soon as i get the billet's i got from pearlie done, Bub

You better get movin' before I fly out and take em' back bub!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »
Pearlie you know i ain't no speed bowyer, you build bows like a spyder monkey on mt. dew >:D
Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 08:16:07 pm »
sweet looking bow there.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:55 pm »
All right Slim,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm tacking this on to your thread. I know,,,,,,,,,, my bows are not the show pieces that yours are, but they are not supposed to be (a built in excuse). They are just a couple of simple plains style self bows. These two hackberry bows came out of the same stave. They are 48 inches long, and pull about 45 pounds at 24 inches. Each has a double nock on the lower limb, and single nock on the upper. These were easy to build in comparison to the bois d arc that I usually use.
                                                                                                                                                                                      CC

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »
Very cool Curt.  Tolja Hackberry was good bow wood.  I like the paint.  Looks like red ocher on one and some kinda green pigment on the other.  Show pieces, mine???  Have you seen some of the bows on this forum?  I'm always playing from behind.  Glad you finished 'em, enjoyed helpin'.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 08:39:37 am »
Great looking bow there Slimbob!  I love the handle wrap.   ;)
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi