Author Topic: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!  (Read 16545 times)

Offline country

Re: BOW TRADE-contact who you are building for!
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »
I would like to thank all who headed this up and dedicated their time and effort to make this possible...... One of the best perks for me (other than getting a great bow ...Thanks Elktracker.... ) was that it makes me better at building bows ... Like some others... I can get busy with all other things in life and I need something like this to get me on another project ... and since I'm giving it away .. I want it to be my best work and to try something out of my comfort area...   That and getting all the valuable information from everybody else and seeing a lot of great bows being made...    Looking forward to it again...

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2012, 03:19:02 pm »
Thanks for putting this on again !!!!!!!

Life has a way of getting in the way of having fun !  :(
So anyone in my area that needs help let me know !
make sure PA has a good address so we can come help out if you would happen to have to stop your internet accesses !!!!!

Thanks again for all that PA means to me !
And that is alot cause y'all are family to me !!!
Guy
now where do I sign up for the Christmas drawing --------
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2012, 03:34:59 pm »
I think overall it was a great success.  One thing that might help is limiting to folks that have at least a little bit of history on PA.  I'm not sure if any of the guys who didn't come through signed up for PA when they saw the trade or not but it would limit that sort of problem of someone looking for a free bow and not have the ability or desire to make one for someone else.

What's sad is some of these guys have been regular contributers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »
It just proves you can be anybody you want to be on the internet Eddie. Integrity is all a guy has when it all boils down.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »
Maybe we should just move on and get over this, i'm pretty shure the guy's that didn't follow thru will be blocked from future mass trades, let's get on with something positive, all these negative waves are a bummer, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16:18 pm »
There were actually 4 guys that did not send out bows and all four of these builders have been regulars here on PA. The newbys all built and sent out bows.
 As long as I have anything to do with the PA bow trade, newbys will be allowed to build. If they have only posted a few times I will contact them and ask them to sit it out for that trade but ask that they join in on the fun and sign up for the next trade. I did that last year with one guy and he is now a stand-up member of PA.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline John K

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »
To bad some couldnt come through on there end  :'( :'(

I got my bow, and the one i made finally, got to who it was supposse to go too!  :)

This trade got me back into building again...but i'll start another thread about that !

Thanks to everyone involved ! 8)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2012, 01:02:04 am »
There were actually 4 guys that did not send out bows and all four of these builders have been regulars here on PA. The newbys all built and sent out bows.
 As long as I have anything to do with the PA bow trade, newbys will be allowed to build. If they have only posted a few times I will contact them and ask them to sit it out for that trade but ask that they join in on the fun and sign up for the next trade. I did that last year with one guy and he is now a stand-up member of PA.  ;)

Ok, well here's another idea than. Since the bow trades are typically an annual thing anyway, and I am guessing that alot of people are repeat traders who do the bow trade every year, than what if one requirement for doing the bow trade, is the first time you have to just have to do a bow and send to someone, and after that on the next bow trade than you will actually recieve one? (I know, probably a dumb idea,  ;D). What if for first time people on the bow trade, you required a deposit 'bow'?... I don't know, I guess that sounds pretty dumb too...
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2012, 01:40:00 am »
Yes Sir,

I want to say Thank You to the Organizers of the 2012 Bow Trade.

And say that it was a Great Opportunity for someone like myself that has only been building bows for just short of two years, to
push as far out of my comfort zone as possible... put to use as many of the Great tips and ideas gleaned from this site,
the TBB, and other sources. To build my best bow, as of the date she shipped. Truly a Great Opportunity.

What I learned about my bow building process is priceless.

I have no doubt that this Bow Trade has made me a better builder.

Thank You.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2012, 01:57:19 am »
Gus, you nailed it!!! That is what these bow trades are all about. Knowing that you are building for someone else makes you do the best you can and maybe a bit more. This bow trade has been a total success. The generosity of others has over shadowed any negativity and all is good.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2012, 05:22:07 am »
YES!!!!now we hit the nail on the head  ;D focus on the good it brings :laugh: thank you all for a great showing of great bows... and like has been mentioned before thank you all who have made this possible, and for letting a rookie like me join, NO strings attached!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2012, 01:04:52 pm »
The best part of all of this is the four guys that got screwed by their "builders" are now going to get better bows that they ever would have from the dead beat no-shows.

Now thats good news! Congrats to the four recipients now getting bows to wrap up another swap year! Luck you!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2012, 01:43:48 pm »
You're right Drums...  I almost feel guilty!!!

Matt/MWirwicki is building one for me!!!  now how cool is that  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Just being part of the bow trade was enough but this is, well Thank you all!!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2012, 01:49:12 pm »
Lucky dog Kip Winger! Matts bows are solid, long lasting weapons.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:16:07 pm by PEARL DRUMS »

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »
I can't let Coaster do all the braggin. I just got a preview of one ole Half Eye is workin on for me. Looks like we both came out smellin like a rose!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA