Author Topic: How do they kill 'em?  (Read 4371 times)

Offline AngelDeVille

• Internet Archer
Re: How do they kill 'em?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 05:43:51 pm »
Heck, I can't even train my kestrel in the backyard because one of the cats was stalking us!  Putting some serious thought to one of those high speed air rifles with the suppressor muzzle.

CB or B caps.....
Sent via two tin cans connected by a string and a jailbroken Atari 2600

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 06:48:03 pm »
The redtail is fat and lazy, and the great horned owl is missing a wing...but may make up for it in sheer orneryness!  You may have something there, Stringy!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 12:33:27 pm »
  Here's a good one, no matter how stupit this sounds all of it's completely.true Last fall right below my house a car with 4 girls hit a deer broke it's back. All 4 girls were setting around petting the doe crying I mean really crying hard. I had walked down and told them I only had a knife but would kill her. 2 Of them right a way got in my face and said you are not.
  The SP had been called to take her to the vets. I told them no way, he's come and just shoot here to put her out her pain. The one said no he's not she going to the vets.. A DNR CO pulls up ahead of the cop. Walks down to the doe with a rifle. The one girl actully tryed pushing him down they fought over the rifle. He had to draw his pistol.
  About then the cop pulls up. The one that did the pushing. Said I want this guy arested for comeing down here with that gun to shoot that deer. Well it only took him a second and the girl was in the back of the car. And he had the rest seting on the bank when the CO shot the doe. All 3 were up screaming crying to stop they wanted her taken to the vet.
  One of these girls even came down the bank running yelling to stop YOU MURDER and got in the cops face when he stop her. She also got to set on the back seat. AFTER THE COP HEARD MY STORY HE WANTED ME TO PRESS CHARGES ALSO FOR VIRABLEABUSE.
  By now they had drew small croud of stoped people and all I saw was people shaking their heads. The whole thing was totally unreall to me. He found some weed in the car, it must have been some realy good weed to make anyone act like they did. METH MAYBE I could still here the 2 crying as I walked Up the road. Probely all 4 I just could'nt here the 2 in the car.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »
There isn't a single word in that tale that I doubt, buddy.  Walt Disney has indoctrinated the world with the idea that hunters are evil, death is the most serious enemy, and if we all wish on a star hard enough we can fly.  That's all well and good if you are trying to settle down a 5 yr old with monsters under the bed, but it's a poor operating system for when you are supposed to be grown up and have a functioning understanding of what real life IS.

Even as I type this I am waiting for a game officer from the Pine Ridge Reservation to deliver an injured hawk.  I'll bust a hump to save this bird if it is possible for that bird to return to the wild and live a normal life.  But there is a 90% chance that this bird is just destined to be one of the many that die. 

Some would scream "Amputate the wing, save the bird!"  But I say, "Save him for what?  Take away the unlimited sky?  The sheer joy of hanging on a thermal 2000 feet up above the Badlands?  The thrill of hitting a running rabbit, sinking your talons deep into your prey and feeding until you feel you will bust, because you know tomorrow you might not be so lucky?  And then to live in a cage, unable even to fly up to a perch a few feet off the ground?  I couldn't be THAT BLOODY CRUEL to an animal."

Catch me when I've had a few, maybe I'll tell you what I really think.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

dry ball

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »
Back in the 60's I was a Animal Control for Orange Co. California and we were armed wirh .38 revolvers Thats how we dispatched in the field. Back at the shelter t5hey had a pressure tank that did the job. I perdonally prefered to use the bullet as that it was MORE HUMANE!. I finally graduated to the Sheriff's office.

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:05 pm »
I talked with a Sheriff deputy acquaintance of mine about this awhile ago.  They had Ruger Mark II .22 pistols with a suppressor.  He said it worked pretty well and they didn't get complaints of noise.