Author Topic: Bone Point  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Boudreaux

Bone Point
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:00:47 pm »
Alright I got a piece of Moose paddle from the TN Classic. I have finally got it all squared up(hand tools and hand sanding takes a while). Now I am looking to lay out the shape and get to the fun part. Here is a picture of the design that I have that I think I am going to go with. I am looking to get it close to 190 gr as that is what the rest of my points are. Here is the twist, I am going to go with a single bevel on this bone point. Does this design look like it will work?

Thanks
Boswell

Offline Slackbunny

Re: Bone Point
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:03:26 pm »
I am very curious to see what people have to say about this. I've been thinking a lot about bone points lately, and I'd like to try my hand at them sometime in the near future.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »
I dont see why it wouldn't work. Cant wait to see it when done.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Scowler

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:51:29 pm »
Should work fine.  How are you going to attach them to the shaft?

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 12:08:53 pm »
  Thats a BIGGGGGGGGGG POINT. I under stand it has to be to get the weight.
  I made a few from moose antler. But only made mine 1x3 and raped lead wire behind the head to get the wieght I wanted. Some I drilled a hole where the pit is and add the lead wire in it to get the weight.
  Here's another thing to think of. Make the backs tappered not square or barbed.
  Those square backed points work lose perty quick pulling out of a target. When their just tied on.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING