Author Topic: Been off for awhile  (Read 791 times)

Offline stickthrower

Been off for awhile
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »
Well, yet again, I have been MIA for awhile.  Life seems to get in teh way of making a bow.

I am trying to get the garage/workshop cleared otu so I can start working on a bow again.  I found 2 boards awhile back that I am going to attempt to make into bows.  One is for my wife to see if I can get her into archery.  The other if it turns out is bookmarked for someone else.

I am looking forward to making another bow.  I don't make pretty bows.  They are functional.  At least the one that turned out well was.  I need to be working on some arrows to see if I can make some arrows to go along with my awesome bow "rough'n".  As the name goes, it is a rough bow.  But it shoots great, and it goes with how I was doing at the time I made the bow.  Now, it is time to make a few more that are from a better place.

Cheers all.

nathan
Sartell, Minnesota

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: Been off for awhile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:16 pm »
Welcome back. Nothing wrong with a "rough bow". I bet the cavemen weren't worried about making there bows "pretty". Lookin forward to seeing it.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline stickthrower

Re: Been off for awhile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:57 am »
Thanks Dave.

I am not all the concerned about a pretty bow.  As long as it is functional and can throw and arrow.  My bow right now can throw it at 15 yards and chunk it into a piece of wood.  I am happy with that.  Once I make some arrows, I can't wait to start getting used to shooting it to try to hunt with it.

The next two attempts are going to be with oak and walnut I believe.  It has been awhile since i bought the wood.  but as soon as I can get to the work bench, it is going to be time to make some bows!  Will post some pics as I get to them done.

Nathan
Sartell, Minnesota