Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot pics  (Read 2117 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Elm Hall shoot pics
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »
Not many archery related photos. Mostly friends and family.......annd a SWEET full draw shot at the end.. ;)

Thats Chris "hatchet master" Driesenga whacking out an elm poel we cut Thursday night. Our intentions where a bow by Sunday. The heat and humidity was stifling for us nordern folks and the bow projetc stalled half way.

The archer in blue is my youngest taking some practice shots at the line of bags. Evening was our best chance.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot pics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
The guy that looks like he is riding a chicken is my buddy Dave who never looks here so I can say what I want about his chicken legs!!!!

The last pic is obvious....its what all the clammer is about in regards to the Elm Hall shoot. Even Pappy drives all the way up for a plate full.

We had a ball even if the heat did try to hold us down. Got to meet a few new guys. "Tatto Dave" is cool as the other side of the pillow. Got to BS with Pappy a good bit this year, that was nice.  And of course ran into a BUNCH of slowly becoming "old friends". Ran the courses at least 8-9 times. We all shot pretty darn good. I love the shoots and I love summer.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 05:29:39 pm »
Pappy will be positng a bunch more on the Life is Good thread. He took more than me, could be why he has busted 5 cameras this year already???

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »
Looks like you guys had a good time up there.  I can't believe a little heat slowed Blackhawk down
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 07:51:05 pm »
I've got to make it to that Shoot at least once. Where's the Brat's?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »
I've got to make it to that Shoot at least once. Where's the Brat's?

In my belly Eddie! They where dy-no-mite as well. I never took a pic of them... dang-it. I would love to meet you some day. Maybe if your good you could hitch a ride with Pappy next year? Even with stifling northern boy heat it was a great time.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »
Looks like you guys had a good time up there.  I can't believe a little heat slowed Blackhawk down

Thats a good indicator of just how humid it was. It was only in the 90's, but the humidty was crazy high. Even Chickenhawk took it easy. We did plenty of bow talking though!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 09:00:45 pm »
Pearlie, is that your  tent in the pic? If so, what are your thoughts about it?  I've thought of getting one.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »
Pearlie, is that your  tent in the pic? If so, what are your thoughts about it?  I've thought of getting one.

My only other tent experince is dome tents of all shapes and sizes and a few old canvas tents. I love this tent. Its up in 5 minutes or less and down just as quick. I believe Pappy has the 12 x 12. Mine is 10 x 10 and plenty enough for three people and gear. I use cots in mine. I dont have any cold wether experince with it yet. The zippers are big and seem to be well built, its very well ventilated and the material is a tad thicker and stronger than what Im used to.

Offline seabass

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:57 pm »
looks like good times Pearl.Pat,Jon has one of those tents and really likes it.
Middletown,Ohio

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 09:10:26 pm »
Hey,since ya got time quick temper n tiller that elm. I already did all the hard work.   ;)

Good times as always...fri night brats n sat night dinner is worth the trip alone.  ;D

And yeah...high humidity destroys the hawksters ambition to make a bow.

Can't wait to see all of pappys pics too...I took none cus I was havin too much fun

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 09:14:50 pm »
Hey,since ya got time quick temper n tiller that elm. I already did all the hard work.   ;)

I have plans for that sapling.........................sssshhhhh its a secret though......

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 10:13:33 pm »
 Pappy and the guys with the Prison bus that I met and helped cook a kagillion Brats with told me to hitch a ride up with Pappy. But after all the trips I made to Tenn. last year I couldn't do it again.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 03:29:23 am »
Chris that looks like lots of fun.. And the grub.. That plate would be worth the drive... I would love to attend, but I bet it's TOO hot for me  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 08:57:57 am »
Great pictures,wasn't to hot for us but we are use to it. Eddie would have loved to have you,maybe next year.It is a great shoot ,lots of good people/ranges and food for sure. I only cooked once,they feed us the rest of the time. I helped Rocky and the boys make up over 200 brats,sausage and salami Wed night and then eat our fill ,they cooked the brats Friday night. Them boys got it down to a science. :) :) Great to get to visit with Pearl and his son and also Chris and his family, Matt and his ,several others there from PA but I can't remember their names,maybe they will check in. :) Thanks for sharing Pearl.  :) Still didn't get to shoot together but did get to share a beverage.. :( ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good