Author Topic: Need 3 matched Obsidian/ stone points  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Need 3 matched Obsidian/ stone points
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »
I am making some arrows for a guy and He wants 3 to be tipped with stone points.  My skills arent up to par yet, so thought maybe one of you talented knappers could help me out.  Looking for 3 matched points ! 125- 150 grns, that are legal for hunting with in Oregon (no "barbs", that is the rear points can't be swept back).  For trade, I have very nice fir arrow shafts in several spine groups, I also have some elk leg bones, and yew staves.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline HickoryBill

Re: Need 3 matched Obsidian/ stone points
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:55:04 pm »
I have lots of colored glass tips.

"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: Need 3 matched Obsidian/ stone points
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 02:57:14 pm »
Bill, I personally have nothing against glass bottle points, but the guy I am making the arrows for wants obsidian first, or flint if obsidian points were hard to find.  Scott Stanberry (stringman) is making me some obsidian points right now.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso