Author Topic: Back into Archery with a Complete new Philosophy  (Read 2546 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Back into Archery with a Complete new Philosophy
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:09 pm »
Airgun Hunting took me Away from Bowhunting, but now I'm back, .......just with a New approach.

I want to shoot only one bow ( no more going back and forth ) so I ordered 2 Martin Savannahs in 60 # at my Drawlength, I want to simplyfie the Arrows too so I'm going back to Aluminum, I have a bunch of Legacy 2117 left and I'll be ordering more,...Looking forward to Bowhunt again.

just trying to get rid of all the other bows in the House so I don't get tempted to shoot them, LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline johnston

Re: Back into Archery with a Complete new Philosophy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 01:34:03 am »
Manny, If you have anything less than 60# just send it to me. Tell me how much postage to send. And thanks.

Ain't really teasing. Really.

Lane

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:30 am »
Manny it sounds like you have a plan.. You may enjoy reading Henry David  Thoreau's "Walden." in it he writes, "Simplify. Simplify. Simplify." 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:34:41 am »
Manny, If you have anything less than 60# just send it to me. Tell me how much postage to send. And thanks.

Ain't really teasing. Really.

Lane

all I have is in the 75 # range  ;) ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:35:58 am »
Manny it sounds like you have a plan.. You may enjoy reading Henry David  Thoreau's "Walden." in it he writes, "Simplify. Simplify. Simplify."

Cipriano

I read that book many, many years ago,...I'm really excited to get back into bowhunting  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:26:00 pm by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Scowler

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:31:59 am »
Soundslike you got a good plan (simplify, simplify, simplify).

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 02:22:44 pm »
Manny I have a stack of aluminum arrows including quite a few 2117's I dont use, they need to be fletched but you are welcome to them if you want them.

Offline jimmy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:27:35 pm »
I'm just curious.  You seemed to be really committed to making wood bows and arrows at one time, and you are real good at it too.  Why did you decide to shoot fiberglass and aluminum?  Why not just make a lighter bow?  It seems a shame to let your skills go to waste.  I mean that most respectfully.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:03:28 am »
I'm just curious.  You seemed to be really committed to making wood bows and arrows at one time, and you are real good at it too.  Why did you decide to shoot fiberglass and aluminum?  Why not just make a lighter bow?  It seems a shame to let your skills go to waste.  I mean that most respectfully.

;D ;D ;D Yes, I was a big Snob, LOL

I just, if I have lots of bows around, end up always shooting a different one, on top of that never was able to get over the hurdle of worring when shooting/hunting a wooden bow.

Now I just want to get real good at shooting a Hunting bow, so I'm taking most variables away, shoot one bow with the same arrow all the time  :) :) :) :)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
It can be a bit confusing trying to figure out which bow to shoot!  I remember just wishing that I had a nice bow to hunt with - and now there are more than a dozen staring me in the face when I want to go shoot a little.  I have no doubt that by shooting the same bow and the same arrow all the time that your accuracy and confidence will go up. I have killed deer with bows made from modern materials and now want to do it the stone age way - just for the challenge - but I am not snobby about it.  Whatever you want to do bro, as long as it doesn't have wheels on it!  Good luck this season.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi