Author Topic: in the blind in one hour...  (Read 2218 times)

Offline johnston

in the blind in one hour...
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:37 pm »
Eight months of scouting...countless arras shot...high dollar corn on the ground. Hell  I ain't been this pumped for a deer hunt since, well , last season.

Gotta go get my Gillie thong thang on...pics later. Deer, not thong. But those ARE available at www. ... oh never mind.

Offline half eye

Re: in the blind in one hour...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:36 pm »
Ya dog!!!! some of us got a month and a half to go.........hope ya stick 'em good
rich

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »
Hope you whack one Lane.

Hey Rich if your under 18 you cant start a week earlier you know. Course folks up your way tend to start when the mood strikes 'em!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:33:56 am »
You have me pumped up, so how did it go and are you still going after them.      Ken
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 08:31:00 am »
How do you get a thong on a deer anyway? >:D I'll bet that corn was expensive with the drought herein the Midwest driving up the price. Good luck and shoot true!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 08:50:00 am »
How do you get a thong on a deer anyway?

Tracy
>:D
I like that on this site you can learn anything about primitive life that you want but....Tracy your personal  life really should be private. >:D
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:14:16 am »
Tite Bond III....?  Good luck Lane!  I have a little over a month to go....
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline johnston

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:51:20 am »
Hunting 10 yds. from a legal corn pile has a few disadvantages that I had not anticipated.
Even though I am behind a wall of small logs and limbs strategically place on and over a
grape vine any movement is still seen. Only have a couple of small holes to shoot thru
but even with the wind blowing in my face the deer are staying 30-40 yds out and the way
they look at the blind, it's clear they don't trust it. Ain't acting spooked just acting like deer.

No thermocell. Not this close. And if you see a tick climbing up your ghille thong you ARE
gonna move. And you can't risk a light setting up this close so you sit in the dark on a
swivel stool and keep your feet still. Never know what's in the hide with you and snake
boots don't help much sitting so low.

Damn, I love it!! ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »
 ;D ;D Gotta love the hunt! Good luck Lane