Author Topic: Ash Bow for my Brother-in-law (Pictures)  (Read 8890 times)

jamie

Re: Ash Bow for my Brother-in-law (Pictures)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 11:40:33 am »
very cool

Offline richpierce

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 12:39:18 pm »
That looks like nice slow growth ash.  I am building one about the same size and this gives me confidence.

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 01:40:36 pm »
Nice bow Mike.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 03:43:58 pm »
Great looking self bow. And primitive, too!.  You did a good job avoiding those knots.  Got your full draw image all set up for Sept Self Bow of the Month consideration.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2007, 06:05:49 pm »
Thanks for all the nice comments.  One of the reasons this bow turned out well is because of all the information on this site.  I have learned so much from everyone here.  This site definately speeds up the learning curve. 

Sean, to answer your question this bow shoots very nice.  It's cast is pretty good, but it's accuracy is great.  I can't seem to miss with this bow and my brother-in-law, who just started shooting, was shooting very well with it as well. 

I know some people don't like ash, but this is my 3rd bow made out of this tree and I do like this wood.  The bow I am hunting with this year is a sister stave to this bow and shoots very nice as well.  My wife has a bow I made from another stave from this tree and she shoots very well with it too.  So far I have had very good luck with ash.

Again thanks to all for the nice comments and thanks for all the info on this site.

Mike