Author Topic: Wall of Fame  (Read 1769 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Wall of Fame
« on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:06 am »
My son-in-law has been visiting and working hard on a patio table project from Mary.  He finished that, and wanted something else to do in the last couple days he had with us so he revisited an old topic we'd talked about earlier.  He and I had brain stormed about making a "wall of fame" to display trade bows, bows with the rack of a deer I killed using them, current bows I'm shooting, racks for deer not good enough to make the den, etc.  I'd always assumed it'd be in the house but when I got to thinking about how much space was gonna be needed, it was clear the shop had the only wall large enough.  I didn't finish any of the drywall in the shop since it was "just a shop" and that wasn't up to Reggie's standards.  So, I took Friday off and he and I started this project.  I had not designed the 16' chop saw workbench to come off the wall so a little bit of seat of the pants engineering was in order.  Also had to pull up the tarp that serves as my knapping "pit". :'(   Reg had never taped and mudded before so a bit of instruction was in order.  We started at noon on Friday and were about here when we quit Friday night.  He's a quick learner. :)

Reg wrapped up the painting about supper time on Saturday.  Have I told you how great son-in-laws are?!

Before bedtime we had the workbench back in place.  Now Reg is up in Chicago roofing my brother-in-law's garage.  He's a worker for sure!

Bevan will be here this weekend, maybe he can give me some ideas on how to layout stuff on the wall.  On the other hand, a farmer just called saying the hogs were tearing up his corn crop, wanting me to bring the night vision rifle and give some assistance.  We may have to go do that one night.  Fun times coming. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline TRACY

Re: Wall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »
Looks real good! Plenty of wall space to decide the layout.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:22 am »
Tell Bevan he can't come home unless he's hauling pork!!!

You two will get along just great, George.  Bevan's a fascinating guy.  Just be careful to not insult his coffee before you taste it.  Mmmmmmmm!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:33 am »
I was out last night and got skunked again. :'(  It was a great looking spot too. Watched 3 deer through the night vision scope for about an hour. Had a granddaughter with me and had to work today so we only stayed out until 11pm. Maybe the hogs come out later there? It's where I'll take Bevan if he wants to go. Looking forward to his visit.  ;D

Thanks Tracy, it'll look pretty bare at first, hope to add to it though. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:20:24 am »
George you got a keeper there. Nice project idea.. Fast work too. I hate to hear you got skunked.

Can we see the "hiney video" again  :P :P ;D :D :)

PS.... Someday I will have son-in-laws... Two.. But the idea sounds as pleasant as diagramming sentences..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline chertle

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:00:49 am »
George, it looks like you are staying busy >:D I am so happy that everything is going well for you.  I think it says a lot about you that your children and their children are so great ;)
Leslie
Indiana

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 12:32:37 am »
I forgot to grab that link Cipriano. If I remember I'll edit this and put the youtube link in later. It is gut wrenching to get the kids through dating and watch them get serious and choose mates. It's also wonderful when they bring you grandchildren. ;D

Thanks Leslie, Mary did well...I helped a little. ;)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 05:38:11 am »
George what about the extreme heat and dry weather? Would that cause your bows to twist and warp and split and crack?

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:42:18 pm »
George what about the extreme heat and dry weather? Would that cause your bows to twist and warp and split and crack?

Cipriano

Nah!  He BUILDS 'EM that way!

>:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 04:53:40 pm »
LOL, that's pretty much true JW.  I keep them out there now ... only they're lying around the shop.  I think having them on the wall will be better. :)

George
St Paul, TX