Author Topic: Osage for Alex  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Osage for Alex
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:05 am »
My daughter Alex, 2nd of four daughters took an interest in shooting again. They all four started shooting young at around 10 or 12 years old but moved on to other things at around 16 years old. They have only shot traditional or primitive bows and we spent many weekends at 3d shoots and club targets when they were younger. Great memories. Well she's all grown up at age 24 now and the bow I made her at age 14 wasn't going to work so I made her this  little osage stick and she's shooting it quite well, seems to fit her fine.
57" ntn osage, approx. 37# @ 25", flipped tips and whisper quiet shooter even without string silencers
Thanks for looking.
Greg

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline okie64

Re: Osage for Alex
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:26:54 am »
Another very nice bow BB. All of your bows definitely have a certain uniqueness to them, this one being no exception. Looks like she has her form all figured out, its nice to see a girl who looks like she knows how to shoot. :)

blackhawk

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 08:30:08 am »
Good looking girl there Greg  ;) ..I mean the bow  :laugh: nice gesture,and glad she's back into shooting again...I'm sure your happy to shoot with her again n spend some quality father daughter time...way to go dad :)

Offline JonW

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:05:09 am »
Another nice bow Greg. Children are special no matter the age and I can tell you know that.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:24:19 am »
Nice job, Dad. You can tell she's done that before, that's for sure!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline LivingElemental

• Appalachi/Wataugi/East Tennessee
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:34 am »
Everything you make is pure art. My oldest is 3 right now, and she loves playing around with the bows I'm working on. She always says that she hopes her friends like bows, because she wants to make them "tomorrow when I get bigger." I'm not excited to get where they don't want to hang out with me anymore.
Alzamaal illi yadour 'ala qurnayn fakhira, yarja' idhana maqtu'a.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 12:36:54 pm »
Very nice bow!  I'm glad your daughter is showing interest again.  My oldest is 13 and in the last couple months has decided that hanging out with dad and shooting just aren't cool anymore.  I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.  I hope some day she will come back around as your daughter has.  Congratulations to you 2X.  One for a fine bow and the other for the renewal of dad and daughter quality time.  Josh

BTW My daughter's name is Alex as well.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 04:03:30 pm »
Thanks Okie, yeah she handles a bow pretty well even though she short drawed on the photo shoot, picture were taken after she had been shooting awhile.
Thanks Jon, they are special even when the grow up and have kids of their own.
Thanks Blackhawk, shes over a couple times a month or more and has shot her bow many times since April.
Thanks Leskin, I still remember a weekend at Cloverdale when she was 10 yrs. old and shot arrows from dawn to dusk for three days straight, my buddy nicknamed her the bow-babe that weekend.
Thanks LE, its true the daughters will find you to be uncool somewhere around age 13 or so, they still love you but won't want to be seen with you, they come back sometime later and are a joy to have around. Be ready man!
Thanks Gun Doc, what I said above to LE about daughters and age 13, hang in there man I went through it with
4 of 'em, they come back to family and simple pleasures again.

Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »
Yeah very nice to have her come back into shooting......the bow is a fine looking one at that.  The children are so special.  Even when the grow up they mean a lot.  I hope my two will still be interested in it later on.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II