Author Topic: Hoosier mini knap in today  (Read 1302 times)

Offline TRACY

Hoosier mini knap in today
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:03 pm »
Osage Outlaw, Max (Clint's son), Chertle and myself met up today to do a little knapping. Totally forgot to take pics, but we had a good time! You'll probably start seeing some points from Clint in the near future. He's got a good set of tools and some rock to make points with. Clint did a great job spalling out an odd shaped Georgetown nodule and Max drove off a 3" flake on his first swing 8). Maybe we can get a few others in the tristate area to meet up some weekend to break some rock.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Hoosier mini knap in today
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:55:22 pm »
We had a great time today.  Thanks for taking the time to teach a couple of beginners.  I don't know how soon you will see any points from me though.  Probably not anytime soon.  I realized I don't have flint knapping hands yet.  The left one is a little tender.  Thank you for the points that you gave us.  Hopefully mine will pass through a fat doe in a couple of months. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 11:05:21 am »
OOH you Guys!!  Should have got ahold of me!!!  I parboily couldn't have made it, but...

Mabe next time.  Clint, you're a true craftsman, get them hands covered up and you;ll be making points in no time flat.

I've got next week off Tracy. How about you?

Get w/ me, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline chertle

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:59:36 am »
Clint.....your hands get used to it trust me.  I think we use muscles we just aren't used to using.  My hands hurt for about a week.  I used a lot of moleskin on my really tender parts >:DDon't give up....from what I saw yesterday you will be turning out points in no time..you and Max were really talented ;) Derik...sorry we missed you!! 
Leslie
Indiana

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:19:38 pm »
No problem Clint, it was a lot of fun! As for your hands, I hope we didn't ruin your chances for being a high caliber hand model >:D. It does get a little better each time though. You'll have to post pics of the big fat doe!

Derik, you have my cell#, give me a shout :)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956