Author Topic: mid-July in the gratz pit  (Read 1143 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
mid-July in the gratz pit
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:33:30 pm »
ok, here is what I've got from the past two weeks.  One nice spall off a real nice nodg. Two, some of my lesser flake points, one on left is NC ryolite from J. Parker @ the classic, the one on the right, TX flint, I kinda like.  Three, the point on the right close up. Four, my dalton for p.o.m., a hornstone point that's real sharp and pointy and an obs I was working on for the p.o.m.  Five&Six, a TX flint point I finished today.  It's thin an sharp, my buddy rubbed it against his calf this afternoon and drew blood.  :o that made me smile.  >:D ;D as always, thanks for lookin and any replys, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

Re: mid-July in the gratz pit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:19:55 am »
Man Derik, your points keep getting better each post. Are you saving that hornstone spall for anything?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »
eh, their ok.   I like the TX flint in the last picture and the "dalton" pretty well though.  thanks Tracy, dp

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:20:26 pm »
Yep definitiely gettin better! I love that tx flint! Looks like you handled it well.

Scott

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »
That's a good looking handful of Indian bullets. Nice points everyone of em. I also am partial to Tx rock!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »
Thnaks Scott! 

Don, I'm pretty sure I got that TX rock from you way back last fall.  Probably three of those points came from the stash I got from you.   

dp