Author Topic: Cool Find  (Read 4017 times)

Offline ErictheViking

Re: Cool Find
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 09:12:10 pm »
I am with PD, would love to know all the stories about, around or because of that old beast. very cool... how tall are the wheels?
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:06:24 am »
Eric, they are about six feet tall.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline johnston

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:59 am »
Way cool Eddie. You sure have a knack for getting into sh.....stuff.

Lane

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:55 am »
I wonder if you buried a new one there how long it would last.Cool find indeed
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 04:03:01 am »
Thats pretty cool!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 12:51:01 am »

Call Texas, and bring Paul down to weld it back to good as new!  All you need now is a hundred gallons of Rust Oleum, and a few cans of WD40, and a couple of wire brushes, and a good steam clean, and a ton of coal, and you are in business!  Clean out the fire box, and see if there is a body in there.  Not JH, but the poor engineer, or fireman, who was operating it when it went off the trestle!  JH is under the Jersey turnpike, in a 55 gal drum! :o ;)  They brought one up (old steam engine) in the in the intracoastal in Lake Worth, back in the late 70''s early 80's, that fell off the barge that was bringing it to Lake Worth, or the barge sunk, one or the other, I can't remember which, it was part of the "Celestial Rail way".  Which included the cities of Jupiter, Mars, and some others. just Jupiter, is still there now.    Pretty neat find.  I need to go to work with you as your chronicler, and archiver! ;)  heck I will even remove the hogs from the bumpers, of the vehicles! ;)

Wayne

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 01:59:11 am »
there used to be a pretty god sized river that ran right through the middle of Mulberry around the turn of the century. This whole area has been screwed up from the mining

Offline TRACY

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:34 pm »
Not sure how I missed this! That is awesome

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956