Author Topic: Small Diameter Bamboo  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Boudreaux

Small Diameter Bamboo
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
I am looking for a place to get the small diameter bamboo that everyone is using for arrows. I got some from Primal Need Archery a few years ago at the Classic. But I am looking to see if there is somewhere else that I can get some. Gonna try and get a test pack, 3 arrows of about 4 differnt spine weights. Does anyone know where I can locate some?

Thanks
Boswell

Offline heartrnurse

Re: Small Diameter Bamboo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:49:17 pm »
check out bamboo supply company in lakeland florida....they have a website.  Loads of great bamboo for arrows. Great prices

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:08 am »

Tell them you want them for arrows, and what diameter you want.  They will try to sort them for you.  Talk to Mullet, he deals with them locally.

Wayne

Offline markinengland

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:05:53 pm »
I could supply. Look for Mahill Archery. I should be able to sort out some spined shafts to meet your needs. In your message let me know your on PA.
Mark in England

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:45:10 am »
I got a bale of tonkin cane stakes from Bamboo and Rattan Works. When I called and told them it was for arrows, they recommended I get the 10-12mm dia. (fat end) 6 footers and find the shaft within the stake and you'll have fewer culls that go to the garden for tomatoes. I still have a bunch left to go through after making several dozen arrows. The undesirable 6 foot stakes are great for fishing (bank poles, etc.). The cut offs from the other ones make great paint stirring sticks. The price ends up around a dollar per shaft. When is the last time you got a dozen good arrow shafts for $12.00?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »
John Fredenberg out of Kalispel Mt has thee best shafts for thee best money hands down. I have bought at least 8 dozen from him and every shaft was straight already and very usable. Its tonkin boo.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.