Author Topic: HAMSLAM 2012  (Read 5026 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
HAMSLAM 2012
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:49:46 pm »
We all had another great time at the Alexacarri Plantation. Tim Beach invited Chris Cade, Wade, and myself along with his good friend Gary and everybodies son's and daughter's and grandson in my case for a hog hunt over the Fourth of July weekend. It was in the high nineties and nice and sweaty but the kids and adults had a ball.

All the kids got their first hog with Tim's daughter, Carrie getting two with a crossbow. For the rest of us it was a gun hunt. All total there were 12 hogs taken. I'm sure Wade, Chris, Gary and Tim have some more pictures.

Thanks again, Tim.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: HAMSLAM 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:35:53 pm »
What?!?!  Didn't they let you play bumper cars with the piggies?  You must have hated using a rifle when perfectly good pickups were everywhere!

Glad the kids had a great time, great memories they will always carry around with them in the years to come.  Good job.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:28:21 pm »
Sounds and looks like a great way to spend the 4th! Thanks for the pics and sharing Eddie!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:52:19 am »
Sounds like fun if the temps was 50 deg cooler.  ;D  Lots of hog meat for the freezers. Your grandson looks like a real sniper, Eddie.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:58 am »
Looks like a great time.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 03:26:09 am »
Eddie looks like y'all had a great time!! Love to see those young kids out hunting and taking game. Those pics of your grandson are keepsakes for sure. Congratulations to the kids and the grow ups as well. You're a good man taking him hunting. That's something I never got to do with my granddad. Sure wish I had. Good for you and your grandson and someday for his grand children.

PS.... It was 78 this evening and driving home with the windows down from a movie we got a chill...

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 06:22:27 am »
Sounds like ya'll had a great time Eddie and looks like it too! That's waaay too fancy of a huntin lodge though. Need to be out fightin tics and chiggers in a tent for a really memorable hunt ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:31:41 am »
Looks like fun Eddie,wished I could have been there.Got to love the heat down there. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:21 am »
Hey Cowboy, I got my share of mosquito and chigger bites crawling through the palmettos and thorns looking for blood trails. ;D 

Cipriano; You're right, the Grandson had a big grin that made me real happy all the way home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:01:33 am »
oink oink oink blam blam blam tatatatattat wahahaaaa. Good going Eddie. Keep the yunguns involved. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 01:07:39 pm »
Looks like a lot of fun. good to see kids experiencing hunting and pest control at the same time.  :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 02:28:35 pm »
Amazing weekend!

thanks so much for everything Tim. We had a blast. Will write more later but work is killing me right now and the sky is falling.. no time to play but I wanted to get some pics posted.

thanks...
wade

N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 04:31:41 pm »
But...but...but...girls can't hunt!   >:D 

Piggies would beg to differ, hehehe!  Those are some very satisfied looking young ladies.  Must have been a great time.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline seabass

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 05:34:43 pm »
good job Eddie.looks like a great time was had by all.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Otis

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
Great pictures Eddie and Wade. Glad everyone got at least one.  Good to see the youngins having a good time. The smiles tell it all.
                                                                      David