Author Topic: BowHunting ITALY  (Read 6897 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

BowHunting ITALY
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:32:07 pm »
Well, my Mom is getting up there in years so within the next couple of years I'll be moving back to Italy to keep her company, so I was reserching bowhunting in Italy and to my surprise it's legal in most regions, that is great news, reports of growing Deer and Wild Boar population is gonna keep me very Happy.

Man I haven't being able to shoot a bow in Months, a Pretty bad surfing shoulder injury on my Bowarm as kept the string dormant, hopefully withing a couple of years I'll be back where I was :)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Scowler

Re: BowHunting ITALY
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:10:53 pm »
Wow!  An injury that is going to keep you from shooting for a couple of years?  That would drive me crazy.  I hope that you heal up alot sooner.  Sounds like Italy will be nice; great food, great wine, and bowhunting too.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:31:18 pm »
Getting pretty excited here, today I took down my Tiger Oak,  at 58# it's my lighter bow, and shot it  ;D ...probably shot it too much, my shoulder is killing me now  :( :( :( :(
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »
I hear you on the shoulder thing Manny! I flatted on my front tire going downhill at 20 mph at the end of a long bike ride (bicycle) a year and a half ago and can't shoot my hickory bow (65 lbs) nearly the same with a permanently broken collar bone. Going to back down to the mid 50's. Good luck to you on shooting and new hunting territory.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 02:04:45 pm »
I guess thast 'splains the switch from making bows to hunting piggies, peacocks, and riki-tiki-tavies. 

Hope things work out well for you, Manny.  No matter what happens, keep in touch here, I always enjoy your posts.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »
Sounds like you'll be having a blast in Italy.  Heal up! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 03:30:28 am »

Good luck on your shoulder, and enjoy Italia, She's a beautiful!  I was stationed there for about 16 months, in Vincenza, near the Steps, or pre Alps.  What are you going to do about your Air rifles?
                                                             Wayne

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37:42 am »
What part of Italy. I've travelled there quite a bit. Spent most. Of my time in the Emilia-Romagna region around Bologna.  Beautiful country!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »
No matter what part of the country you land in the food will be good, the wine will be very satisfactory, and the art and it's history will be amazing.  I always wanted to spend a year touring Italy on a bicycle (any other method of travel and I'd need three adjacent first class tickets to accomodate the extra 300#'s I'd gain.  Yeah, I love me some Eye-talian food)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 05:36:39 pm »
What part of Italy. I've travelled there quite a bit. Spent most. Of my time in the Emilia-Romagna region around Bologna.  Beautiful country!

Modena, next town west from Bologna.

Getting excited about this,...but I'm realising that the type of Weights I used to shoot are probably out of the question,...next steps is to sell All my bows and get kitted up with 60 #ers
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »

Good luck on your shoulder, and enjoy Italia, She's a beautiful!  I was stationed there for about 16 months, in Vincenza, near the Steps, or pre Alps.  What are you going to do about your Air rifles?
                                                             Wayne

Airguns too will all have to be sold,...unless I'll smuggle them in  ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 05:39:40 pm »
Yeah, good luck unloading those twisty guava thingys you call bows!  Tell you what, send me a few of them and I will find you a used effing-glass in the 60# range.   >:D

Mmmm, real Bolognese sauce, I can only imagine how good it's gonna be, Manny!

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 06:28:23 am »
Yeah the food is plainly Uncompareble  ;)

yeah i might have to use them as firewood  ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 10:04:44 pm »
I'll trade you a pickupload of punky ponderosa pine* for just one of those ornery guava coathangers!

*and even pay the Post Office to post the packages!

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »
I'll trade you a pickupload of punky ponderosa pine* for just one of those ornery guava coathangers!

*and even pay the Post Office to post the packages!

LOL, thanks but I'll have to sell all my bows to raise money, from now on I want to simplify things, I want to shoot only one bow so I'll buy 2 of the same in the 65# @ 28' wich will bring them in at just over 60# at my drawlenght
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII